You are here
Surgical Stapling Devices Market Size Worth $8.02 Billion by 2026: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global surgical stapling devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 8.02 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.23% during the forecast period. Application of surgical staplers has gradually evolved from invasive surgeries to minimally invasive surgeries. With introduction of advanced surgical staplers, difficulties associated with the use of conventional staplers have been addressed.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Manual surgical stapling devices dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2018. However, powered devices are projected to witness strong growth during the forecast period
- An alarming number of emergency cases can lead to surgical fatigue, thereby, reducing productivity. Powered stapling devices allow surgeons to perform more number of surgeries in emergency wards
- There is an increasing demand for disposable devices due to heightened concerns for communicable infections. Owing to which, disposable staplers are likely to dominate the market through 2025
- Disposable staples are made of plastic, whereas reusable staples are made of stainless steel. Both disposable and reusable staples have disposable cartridges and although reusable, staplers generate lesser surgical waste
- North America dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2018. The growth of the region can be attributed to surging bariatric surgeries, introduction of powered staples, and soaring need for tissue and wound management
- Key industry contributors include Covidien plc; Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.; Intuitive Surgical, Inc.; United States Surgical Corp; Cardica, Inc.; Zimmer Holdings, Inc.; Stryker Corporation; Smith & Nephew plc; Conmed Corporation; and CareFusion Corporation
- In November 2018, Ethicon launched ECHELON FLEX GST System for exceptional staple line integrity across wide range of tissue thickness under its Bariatric Revision Surgical Solutions.
Read 225 page research report with TOC on "Surgical Stapling Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Centers), By Product (Powered, Manual), By Type (Reusable, Disposable), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-stapling-market
Obesity is increasing among adults as well as adolescents below 18 years of age due to sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy diet patterns in this age group. In case of eating habits, people are more inclined towards fast food rather than healthy food. Growing busy schedule and increasing stress are both causing people to consume packed and processed food.
Severe cases of obesity cause other conditions, such as diabetes and cardiovascular conditions, resulting in many opting for bariatric surgery. According to the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) 2014 data, the number of bariatric surgeries has drastically increased from 1,600 in 2006-2007 to 6,000 in 2012-2013. This indicates high demand for these surgeries owing to increasing awareness about surgical options for weight loss.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical stapling devices market based on product, type, end use, and region:
- Surgical Stapling Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Powered Surgical Stapling Device
- Manual Surgical Stapling Device
- Surgical Stapling Devices Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Disposable Surgical Stapling Device
- Reusable Surgical Stapling Device
- Surgical Stapling Devices End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ambulatory Centers
- Surgical Stapling Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Sleep Apnea Diagnostic And Therapeutic Devices Market – The primary drivers of this industry include growing awareness about hypertension, stroke, and sophisticated healthcare infrastructure and Type II mature onset diabetes. These reasons are expected to drive the Sleep Apnea Diagnostic And Therapeutic Devices industry over the forecast period.
- Fluid Management Systems Market – Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases related to otoneurology, gastrointestinal tract, orthopedic disorders and nephrology related disorders are expected to drive demand in the fluid management systems market over the forecast period.
- Kidney Fibrosis Treatment Market – Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as kidney disorders is expected to trigger the growth of Kidney Fibrosis Treatment market over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter