You are here
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Analysis, Market Size, Epidemiology, Leading Companies and Competitive Analysis by DelveInsight
LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
Spinal Muscular Atrophy market size is increasing at a CAGR of 10.42% for the study period (2017-2028)
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy total prevalent population was 19,343 in 7 major markets in 2017.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy total diagnosed prevalent population in 7 major markets was 17,094 in 2017
- The total diagnosed cases in the United States are 11,733 cases.
DelveInsight launched Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast- 2028.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the SMA epidemiology and Spinal Muscular Atrophy market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
- SMA market report provides the insights on the current and emerging spinal muscular atrophy therapies.
- SMA market report provides global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy market report provides an edge that will help in developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the SMA market.
Get a free sample page: https://bit.ly/2IQmWjo
"Spinal Muscular Atrophy types are SMA Type 0, SMA Type 1, SMA Type 2, SMA Type 3, SMA Type 4; where the majority (three-fourth) of Spinal Muscular Atrophy prevalent population belongs to Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 2 and SMA Type 3"
Coming to Spinal Muscular Atrophy treatment, the current US market is dominated by the employment of symptomatic treatment comprising focus on Nutrition, Respiratory Care Assessment, Respiratory Muscle Weakness, Orthopedic Care, Rehabilitation, along with few medications. Few off-label alternatives considers Valproic acid that is found to offer minor improvement in some SMA patients but is no longer recommended due to serious side effects. Few molecules are also found to be associated with SMA diagnosis as off-label therapies.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy market is expected to show positive growth, mainly attributed to increased SMA diagnosed prevalence and also, the launch of upcoming SMA therapies during the forecast period. The current SMA market hold Spinraza as the only approved drug for the management of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Expected Launch of potential therapies may increase Spinal Muscular Atrophy market size in the coming years.
The key SMA market players have a potential to create a significant positive shift in the Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Size. Some of companies involved are:-
- Astellas Pharma
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Catalyst Pharmaceuticals
Spinal Muscular Atrophy market will increase in the upcoming years with the emergence of several upcoming SMA therapies like:
- Zolgensma (AVXS-101)
- Risdiplam (RG7916)
- Reldesemtiv (CK-2127107)
- Branaplam (LMI070)
Get a free demo of the report: https://bit.ly/2IQmWjo
Table of contents
1. SMA Key Insights
2. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market Overview at a Glance
3. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Disease Background and Overview
4. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Epidemiology and Patient Population
5. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Country Wise-Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2. EU5 Countries
5.7. United Kingdom
6. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment
7. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Treatment Algorithm
8. United States Association Current Recommendations for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (Guidelines)
9. Europe Association Current Recommendations for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
10. Japan Association Current Recommendations for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
11. SMA Unmet Needs
12. Spinal Muscular Atrophy Marketed Drugs
13. SMA Emerging Drugs
13.1. Key Cross Competition
13.2. Zolgensma: Novartis
13.3. Risdiplam: Hoffmann-La Roche
13.4. Reldesemtiv: Astellas Pharma/Cytokinetics
13.5. Branaplam: Novartis
13.6. Amifampridine Phosphate: Catalyst Pharmaceuticals
13.7. BVS 857: Novartis
14. Spinal Muscular Atrophy 7 Major Market Analysis
15. The United States Market Outlook
16. EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
16.5. United Kingdom
17. Japan Market Outlook
18. SMA Market Drivers
19. SMA Market Barriers
21. DelveInsight Capabilities
23. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) - Pipeline Insight, 2019 – This report outlays comprehensive insights of present development scenario and growth prospects across Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). A detailed picture of the SMA pipeline landscape is provided with summation of data from multiple sources with complete analysis by development stage, mechanism of action, route of administration and molecule type.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) - Epidemiology Forecast to 2028 - The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) epidemiology, providing the historical and forecasted data for the 7MM during the forecast period from 2016-2028.