You are here
Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market Worth $3.58 Billion by 2026: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global spinal cord stimulation devices market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.58 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 8.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing incidence of failed back syndrome and complex regional pain syndrome is anticipated to boost the market growth. Failed back syndrome occurs as a chronic pain after spinal surgeries for back or leg pain. After spinal surgery, the pain gets reduced or the condition may get worst due to scar tissue which build up around the spinal nerve roots.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Rechargeable device segment led the global market in 2018 and is projected to expand further at the fastest CAGR from 2018 to 2026
- This is attributed to the factors, such as new product launches by key companies and increasing number of patients suffering from neuropathic pain
- Failed back syndrome was the dominant application segment in 2018 owing to high number of patients suffering from pain after spinal surgeries
- North America led the global spinal cord stimulation devices market in 2018 owing to the increased incidence of post-laminectomy syndrome followed by chronic longstanding back pain
Read 155 page research report with TOC on "Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Degenerative Disk Disease, CRPS), By Product (Rechargeable, Non-rechargeable), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/spinal-cord-stimulation-devices-market
Spinal cord stimulation device is used to treat patients who failed to get the result from spinal surgeries, by blocking the pain before it reaches the brain. Thus, increasing number of patients suffering from chronic pain after surgeries is likely to augment the product demand over the forecast period. In addition, technological advancements are expected to fuel the market growth further. For instance, Medtronic's Intellis is a smallest implantable spinal cord stimulator designed to overcome limitations with the current systems.
The high dose therapy of the device helps reduce the pain for the patients suffering from diseases, such as degenerative disk disease. Key companies are introducing technologically enhanced products to gain competitive advantage in the industry. For instance, in January 2019, Boston Scientific launched its Spectra WaveWriter spinal cord stimulator in Europe. It is used for the treatment of chronic pain through electrical impulses. This new system also allows physicians and patients to customize their therapy.
Grand View Research has segmented the global spinal cord stimulation devices market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Failed Back Syndrome
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Unsuccessful Disk Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Medical Fiber Optics Market – Global medical fiber optics market is expected to experience growth over the forecast period owing to continuous miniaturization of medical devices, rising demand for advanced diagnostic technologies and minimally invasive surgeries.
- Surface Analysis Market – Global surface analysis market is currently being driven by the factors such as increasing innovations in the field of nano technology sciences, increasing research and development expenditure from biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies and, increasing adoption of surface analysis techniques in various research activities.
- Wearable Medical Technology Market – This market is driven by the need of new innovative health management devices. Large number of ongoing projects, rising number of chronic diseases worldwide and the ease of use of medical devices is expected to increase the demand for wearable medical devices.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519