You are here
SMA Treatment Market Size Worth $3.9 Billion by 2025 | CAGR 12.9%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) treatment market size is expected to reach USD 3.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is estimated to register a CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period. Due to the rare nature and complexity of these diseases, scientific knowledge pertaining to them is scarce. However, there are various initiatives undertaken to increase awareness regarding rare diseases and to support SMA communities. This is anticipated to boost the market development over the coming years.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global spinal muscular atrophy treatment market is projected to expand at a CAGR of 12.9% over the forecast period
- Based on disease type, type 1 accounted for the largest revenue share owing to rising incidence of type 1 SMA
- By treatment, the drug segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2017
- North America will retain its lead as the largest regional market; however Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- The market is presently led by Biogen Inc. Biogen's Spinraza is the only approved commercialized treatment for SMA, owing to which market is not competitive. However, this trend is expected to change after the commercialization of other treatment therapies post 2020
Read 98 page research report with TOC on "Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Route of Administration (Oral, Intrathecal), By Treatment (Gene Therapy, Drug), By Disease Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/spinal-muscular-atrophy-sma-treatment-market
Various SMA communities and companies have collaborated for developing disease treatment therapy. For example, RG7916, which is an investigational therapy being developed by Roche in collaboration with SMA Foundation and PTC Therapeutics. Thus, heavy investments in R&D by major companies are also projected to contribute toward the growth of this market. CureSMA, SMA Foundation, and SMA Europe are some of the organizations actively supporting R&D pertaining to SMA.
CureSMA provided funding to a research project to Biogen and Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for developing Spinraza, which received U.S. FDA approval in 2016. This organization has invested nearly USD 70 million in the research pertaining to SMA, which also included a planned investment of USD 5 million in the coming years.
Grand View Research has segmented the global spinal muscular atrophy treatment market on the basis of disease type, treatment, route of administration, and region:
SMA Treatment Disease Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Type 3
- Type 4
SMA Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Gene Therapy
- RG6083 (Olesoxime)
SMA Treatment Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
SMA Treatment Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Melanoma Therapeutics Market - The global melanoma therapeutics market size was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to witness CAGR of 11.21% during the forecast period.
- Superdisintegrants Market - The global superdisintegrants market size was valued at around USD 258.6 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period.
- Clinical Trial Supplies Market - The global clinical trial supplies market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519