You are here
Roche to showcase how health networks are driving change through innovation in the lab and beyond at AACC 2019 Clinical Lab Expo
INDIANAPOLIS and ANAHEIM, Calif., Aug. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) will launch its presence at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) 2019 Clinical Lab Expo in Anaheim by showcasing how health networks are driving change in the lab and beyond.
The Roche booth (#1013) will feature customer testimonials about how Roche has helped make change possible at their healthcare institutions.
- Summit Medical Group: Shifted from antigen-based RIDTs to molecular point of care testing for Influenza A/B, RSV and Strep A, which resulted in faster diagnosis and therapeutic intervention.
- Huntsville Hospital: Transformed the lab through total automation, which resulted in greater consolidation and standardization, expanded lab services, increased testing capacity without adding more employees, reduced send-out test volume and improved employee satisfaction.
- Advent Health: Partnered with Roche to rebuild their lab from the ground up, which resulted in creating a more efficient lab through automation and increasing patient satisfaction through timely test results.
The Roche booth will also feature the latest solutions from the company's clinical lab portfolio, including chemistry, molecular and point-of-care diagnostics, automation and digital diagnostics.
Roche continues to expand the Integrated Core Lab by consolidating and integrating a wider range of platforms across other disciplines that include molecular diagnostics and testing in coagulation, hematology and urinalysis. Roche solutions are also designed to address the lab's future needs, with pre-analytics and the next generation of automation that provides the ability to expand into liquid-based cytology and compatible analytics, all potentially connectable.
The automation area will include a fully automated configuration of an integrated core lab that consolidates routine chemistry and molecular testing.
Highlighted products in the booth include:
- cobas® pro integrated solutions — An integrated mid-to-high volume solution for clinical chemistry and immunochemistry testing needs that is designed to achieve reduced maintenance and increased throughput through a scalable and modular system. Not available for use in the U.S. Pending 510(k) clearance.
- cobas® prime -- A pre-analytical system designed for standard processing and cross-contamination control of molecular samples. Not available for use in the U.S.
- cobas® e 801 module — High-volume immunoassay platform that provides nearly twice the throughput on the same footprint as its predecessor.
- cobas® c 513 analyzer — Fully automated chemistry platform that raises the standard in HbA1c testing throughput.
- cobas® 6800 system — Fully automated, moderate-complexity platform that brings transformational efficiency gains to molecular diagnostics.
- cobas® Connection Module (CCM) — High-volume automation solution that provides connectivity across disciplines and third-party platforms.
- cobas® Liat ® PCR system — Point-of-care analyzer with CLIA-waived, real-time PCR tests for flu A/B, flu A/B + RSV and strep A that provide lab-quality results in 20 minutes or less.
The booth also includes a futures area that offers a glimpse into diagnostics products that are not yet available for sale in the U.S.
In addition, Roche is continuing its commitment to discuss critical industry issues by sponsoring two workshops in conjunction with the AACC 2019 annual meeting:
Making YOUR words matter: The Secret to a Successful Lab Stewardship Program
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Exhibit Hall Industry Workshop Theater 2
Jane A. Dickerson, PhD, Co-Director, Clinical Chemistry; Director, Reference Lab Services Seattle Children's Hospital, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine University of Washington
Elise A. Occhipinti, MD, Ochsner Health System
When selected carefully, words can motivate and strengthen the impact your laboratory can have within your organization, and benefit patient care. However, in a vacuum, words are meaningless – they need data and facts to support them. Join Jane A. Dickerson, PhD and Elise A. Occhipinti. M.D. as they share how you can marry lab data with communication strategies to create and inspire lab stewardship initiatives in your organization.
From the Lab to the Emergency Department: The Benefit of hsTnT in the US Since 2017
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Exhibit Hall Industry Workshop Theater 1
Nam Tran, PhD, Directory of Chemistry & Toxicology, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine at University of California Davis.
Sean X. Neath, MD, University of California, San Diego
Nam Tran, PhD, and Sean Neath, MD, will share how hsTnT improved chest pain assessment, emergency department efficiency, CMS quality measures and resource utilization. A review of the current high sensitive Troponin options, including strategies for assessing risk and applying mitigation strategies, will also be presented.
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people's lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible.
Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Moreover, for the tenth consecutive year, Roche has been recognized as the most sustainable company in the Pharmaceuticals Industry by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2018 employed about 94,000 people worldwide. In 2018, Roche invested CHF 11 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 56.8 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit www.roche.com or diagnostics.roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For more information, please contact:
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
1 317 371 0035
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/roche-to-showcase-how-health-networks-are-driving-change-through-innovation-in-the-lab-and-beyond-at-aacc-2019-clinical-lab-expo-300896434.html
SOURCE Roche Diagnostics