You are here
Otonomy Announces Multiple Presentations at Association for Research in Otolaryngology Annual Meeting
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 06, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Otonomy, Inc. (NASDAQ: OTIC), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative therapeutics for neurotology, today announced multiple presentations at the upcoming Association for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) 42nd Annual MidWinter Meeting, to be held February 9-13, in Baltimore.
“Our multiple presentations at ARO demonstrate our broad pipeline in neurotology with data presented in support of our product candidates for Ménière’s disease, tinnitus, hearing loss and otoprotection," said Kathie Bishop, Ph.D., chief scientific officer of Otonomy. "In particular, we are pleased to present information on our clinical program for OTO-313, including the Phase 1/2 clinical trial in tinnitus patients to be initiated next quarter, and preclinical data related to our OTO-510 program for otoprotection that will initially focus on the prevention of cisplatin-induced hearing loss (CIHL) in children."
Otonomy's presentation related to the OTO-313 program for tinnitus is as follows:
- "Clinical development of intratympanic, sustained-exposure formulation of the NMDA receptor antagonist gacyclidine for the treatment of tinnitus" by Anderson et al., podium presentation on February 13 at 12:15 p.m. EST
Presentations related to the OTO-510 program for CIHL include:
- "Characterization of in-vivo rodent models of cisplatin-induced hearing loss - acute and chronic administration paradigms" by Piu et al., poster presentation on February 9 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
- "Comparison of the otoprotective profiles of antioxidant and anti-apoptotic compounds in ex vivo models of cisplatin-induced hearing loss" by Mathur et al., poster presentation on February 12 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
- "Development of clinically relevant ex vivo models of cisplatin-induced hearing loss" by Uribe et al., poster presentation on February 12 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
Additional presentations related to Otonomy's other programs include:
- "Inner ear pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of the sustained-exposure dexamethasone formulation OTIVIDEX™ in various species - predicting drug exposure in Meniere's disease patients" by Piu et al., poster presentation on February 11 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
- "Modified versions of NT-3 enable enhanced activation of TrkB and TrkC responses in ex vivo models relevant to cochlear synaptopathy" by Szobota et al., poster presentation on February 10 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
- "Evaluation of rapid decalcification methods for histological assessment of rodent temporal bones" by Jones et al., poster presentation on February 9 beginning at 1 p.m. EST
Otonomy is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative therapeutics for otology. The company pioneered the application of drug delivery technology to the ear in order to develop products that achieve sustained drug exposure from a single local administration. This approach is covered by a broad patent estate and is being utilized to develop a pipeline of products addressing important unmet medical needs including Ménière’s disease, hearing loss, and tinnitus. For additional information please visit www.otonomy.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements generally relate to future events or the future financial or operating performance of Otonomy. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, expectations regarding Otonomy’s pipeline and programs, initiation of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial for OTO-313, and statements by Otonomy’s chief scientific officer. Otonomy’s expectations regarding these matters may not materialize, and actual results in future periods are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to: Otonomy’s limited operating history and its expectation that it will incur significant losses for the foreseeable future; Otonomy’s ability to obtain additional financing; Otonomy’s dependence on the regulatory success and advancement of its product candidates; the uncertainties inherent in the clinical drug development process, including, without limitation, Otonomy’s ability to adequately demonstrate the safety and efficacy of its product candidates, the nonclinical and clinical results for its product candidates, which may not support further development, and challenges related to patient enrollment in clinical trials; Otonomy’s ability to obtain regulatory approval for its product candidates; the risks of the occurrence of any event, change or other circumstance that could impact Otonomy’s ability to repay or comply with the terms of the loan provided by Oxford Finance LLC; side effects or adverse events associated with Otonomy’s product candidates; Otonomy’s ability to successfully commercialize its product candidates, if approved; competition in the biopharmaceutical industry; Otonomy’s dependence on third parties to conduct nonclinical studies and clinical trials; Otonomy’s dependence on third parties for the manufacture of its product candidates; Otonomy’s dependence on a small number of suppliers for raw materials; Otonomy’s ability to protect its intellectual property related to its product candidates in the United States and throughout the world; expectations regarding potential market size, opportunity and growth; Otonomy’s ability to manage operating expenses; implementation of Otonomy’s business model and strategic plans for its business, products and technology; and other risks. Information regarding the foregoing and additional risks may be found in the section entitled "Risk Factors" in Otonomy’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") on November 5, 2018, and Otonomy’s future reports to be filed with the SEC. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Otonomy as of the date hereof. Otonomy disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
Robert H. Uhl