You are here
ORM Fertility Celebrates National Infertility Awareness Week with Patient Video Series to Generate Donations for RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association
PORTLAND, Ore., April 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of this year's National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW), taking place April 21 through April 27, ORM Fertility is sharing an online video of one family's journey with the intent of starting a discourse around infertility and generating donations for the nonprofit RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association.
Heather and Brandon of Cleveland, Ohio, came to ORM Fertility following a nine-year journey filled with failed fertility treatments and disappointment. Winners of a scholarship from Fertility Road Magazine that would cover their treatment, they agreed to blog and film a video series about their experience with ORM Fertility, offering an insiders' perspective and giving hope to others facing infertility.
ORM Fertility is sharing the video series on its social media platforms at @ORMFertility, and from April 13 through April 27, will donate $1 for every like and $5 for every share of the video from their post––up to $5,000 total––to RESOLVE. Called Share Because We Care, the campaign encourages users to share their own struggles with fertility using the hashtag #InfertilityUncovered.
Under the care of Dr. Elizabeth Barbieri, a reproductive endocrinologist and infertility specialist at ORM Fertility, Heather and Brandon ultimately overcame their infertility issues with the help of an ORM Egg Donor. Heather gave birth to a healthy set of twins in October 2018, making their shared dream of parenthood a reality. Today they are advocates for fertility treatment insurance coverage and offer encouraging words to others who are struggling with infertility.
NIAW is a national movement that unites millions of Americans who want to remove the stigmas and barriers that stand in the way of building families. ORM Fertility is committed to changing how others view infertility by being part of the NIAW movement and supporting RESOLVE through efforts like the Share Because We Care campaign.
- 1 in 8 couples (or 12% of married women) have trouble getting pregnant or sustaining a pregnancy. (2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth, CDC)
- 7.4 million women, or 11.9% of women, have received infertility services in their lifetime. (2006-2010 National Survey of Family Growth, CDC)
- Approximately one-third of infertility is attributed to the female partner, one-third is attributed to the male partner, and one-third is caused by a combination of problems in both partners or is unexplained. (www.asrm.org)
- A couple ages 29-33 with a normal functioning reproductive system has only a 20-25% chance of conceiving in any given month. (National Women's Health Resource Center)
- After six months of trying, 60% of couples will conceive without medical assistance. (Infertility As A Covered Benefit, William M. Mercer, 1997)
About ORM Fertility
Formerly Oregon Reproductive Medicine (ORM), ORM Fertility offers world-class fertility services delivered by providers passionately committed to helping people grow their families. ORM Fertility provides fertility-related services and treatments to individuals and couples specific to their needs. ORM Fertility is committed to achieving the highest success rates and provides a customized, compassionate patient experience. Unrivaled expertise, outstanding results and personalized care make ORM Fertility one of the most sought-after fertility providers in the world. Visit www.ormfertility.com to learn more about locations and services.
Contact: Maggie Palmer, Weinstein PR
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/orm-fertility-celebrates-national-infertility-awareness-week-with-patient-video-series-to-generate-donations-for-resolve-the-national-infertility-association-300835178.html
SOURCE ORM Fertility