You are here
Optogenetic Actuators & Sensors Market Worth $584.73 Million By 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global optogenetics actuators & sensors market size is expected to reach USD 584.73 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting a 1.93% CAGR during the forecast period. Extensive research in the field of neuroscience and ophthalmology is expected to boost market growth in the coming years. Key players are focusing majorly on research activities to study brain functions in various psychiatric and retinal disease states, which is anticipated to drive the sector.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Actuators are estimated to account for the largest revenue share owing to their increased usage in investigations related to neuroscience and ophthalmology
- Sensors are anticipated to grow at the fastest rate in the coming years due to technological advancements in optogenetics
- Retinal disorders accounted for the largest revenue share owing to higher usage of optogenetic actuators and sensors in disease oriented studies. Rise in prevalence of various retinal and psychiatric disorders is also anticipated to boost the segment
- North America dominated the market owing to government support, extensive research, local presence of substantial number of players, and well-established healthcare framework
- Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to progressive industrialization and favorable government support
- Major players include Bruker; Circuit Therapeutics, Inc.; Gensight Biologics; AGTC; Prizmatix; Merck KGaA; Elliot Scientific Ltd; Coherent, Inc.; The Jackson Laboratory; Scientifica (Judges Scientific Plc Company); Addgene; Shanghai Laser & Optics Century Co., Ltd. (SLOC); Noldus Information Technology; Thorlabs, Inc.; and Danaher
- Companies are collaborating with academic institutions and private and public entities to accelerate developments in optogenetics.
Read 146 page research report with TOC on "Optogenetics Actuators and Sensors Market Analysis Report By Product, By Disease Type (Retinal Disorders, Parkinson's Disease, Schizophrenia, Autism, Depression & Anxiety), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/optogenetics-actuators-sensors-market
Government organizations are providing funds to academic research institutions and individual researchers for advancements in the field of optogenetics. Moreover, various initiatives undertaken by international organizations such as WHO and NIH are anticipated to boost market growth. Various projects and initiatives initiated in the field of neuroscience are also promoting growth prospects.
In addition, ongoing investigations to improve signal sizes and responses and target specificity of subcellular membranes such as axon terminals, cell body, and dendrites in neuroscience are expected to support the growth of the segment. Rise in incidence of retinal and brain disorders are ultimately increasing demand for optogenetic actuators and sensors.
Furthermore, changing healthcare reforms and public-private collaborations among industrial players, government, and research institutions are expected to drive technological progressions in optogenetics. This, in turn, is anticipated to significantly boost the growth of the optogenetics actuators and sensors market over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global optogenetics actuators & sensors market on the basis of product, disease type, and region:
- Optogenetics Actuators & Sensors Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Halorhodopsin Biochip
- Genetically Encoded Calcium Indicators
- Voltage-Sensitive Fluorescent Proteins
- pH Sensors
- Optogenetics Actuators & Sensors Disease Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Retinal Disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Anxiety & Depression
- Optogenetics Actuators & Sensors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Biomarkers Market - The global biomarkers market was valued at USD 23.9 billion in 2015. The increasing use of biomarkers for drug discovery and development coupled with high R&D expenditure is a major propelling factor for the market growth.
- Cell Surface Marker Detection Market – The Global cell surface marker detection market size was valued at USD 2.86 billion in 2014. Cell surface marker detection market is expected to register a significant growth over the forecast period owing to the advancements in high-throughput tools.
- Bioinformatics Services Market – The Global bioinformatics services market was valued at USD 1.32 billion in 2015.The industry is anticipated to be driven by increasing government initiatives and funding for genomics oriented R&D.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter