You are here
Ophthalmic Sutures Market Worth $532.8 Million By 2026 | CAGR 6.4%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ophthalmic sutures market size is expected to reach USD 532.8 million by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View research, Inc. Key factors driving the market are rising geriatric population prone to eye-related disorders, coupled with increasing awareness regarding advanced surgical procedures. Increasing aging population is expected to contribute to the rising burden of glaucoma around the world. According to the American Society of Ophthalmology, cataract alone affected over 24.4 million Americans aged 40 or more in 2016.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Based on type, the synthetic sutures segment dominated the market in 2018, which can be primarily attributed to low rate of inflammatory reactions around wound site and higher durability
- By way of absorption capacity, non-absorbable sutures led the market owing to benefits such as reduced chances of postoperative surgical infection and its ability to be removed after few days of surgery
- On the basis of application, the cataract surgery segment was valued at USD 130.8 million in 2018 owing to high prevalence rate and large number of surgical procedures
- Based on end use, ambulatory surgical centers held the largest share of more than 40.0% in 2018, fueled by large number of single-day procedures, which do not require hospital stay
- North America held the dominant share owing to favorable reimbursement policies, local presence of key players, and supportive government initiatives
- Key players in the market include Accutome, Inc.; Assut Medical Sarl; Alcon Inc.; Aurolab; B Braun Melsungen AG; DemeTech Corporation; FCI Ophthalmic Inc.; Medtronic Plc; Rumex International Co.; Surgical Specialties Corp; Teleflex Incorporated; and Unilene.
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Ophthalmic Sutures Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Synthetic, Natural), By Absorption Capacity, By Application (Corneal Transplant, Cataract), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecast, 2019 - 2026'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ophthalmic-sutures-market
Visual impairment is a global health concern. According WHO, it is estimated that around 1.3 million people live with some form of vision impairment currently. Technological advancements in the field of ophthalmology, such as self-sealing incisions, are expected to fuel market growth. Other factors driving the market are increasing awareness about various eye diseases, coupled with increasing number of ophthalmologists and better reimbursement policies.
Various government initiatives, increasing investments in research and development, and rising healthcare spending are also expected to propel the market over the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing number of ambulatory surgical centers and single-day surgeries is expected to propel the market. Most of the ophthalmic procedures are single-day surgeries, which do not require hospital stay. Thus, with increasing number of outpatient surgeries, the ophthalmic sutures market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ophthalmic sutures market based on type, absorption capacity, application, end use, and region:
- Ophthalmic Sutures Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ophthalmic Sutures Absorption Capacity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ophthalmic Sutures Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Corneal transplantation surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Vitrectomy surgery
- Iridectomy surgery
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Ophthalmic Sutures End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Ophthalmic Sutures Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Surgical Sutures Market – The global surgical sutures market size was valued at USD 3.5 billion in 2017 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% over the forecast period.
- Aortic Valve Replacement Devices Market –The global aortic valve replacement devices market size was estimated at USD 5.81 billion in 2017.
- Veterinary Surgical Instruments Market – The global veterinary surgical instruments market size was valued at USD 797.6 million in 2017 It is projected to witness a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter