You are here
OncoSec To Host Key Opinion Leader Symposium On April 5, 2019
SAN DIEGO and PENNINGTON, N.J., March 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- OncoSec Medical Incorporated (OncoSec) (NASDAQ: ONCS), a company developing intratumoral cancer immunotherapies, today announced that the Company will host a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Symposium focused on the potential of TAVO™ (tavokinogene telseplasmid), its lead immunotherapy investigational product candidate, on Friday, April 5, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. ET in New York City.
The KOL Symposium will feature a keynote presentation from Adil Daud, M.D., the Lead U.S. Investigator for KEYNOTE-695 and Clinical Professor of Medicine and Dermatology at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), and Director of Melanoma Clinical Research at the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Among other important topics, Dr. Daud's presentation will:
- Outline the significance of the emerging data from the KEYNOTE-695 trial where patients with anti-PD-1 checkpoint refractory metastatic melanoma are being treating with the combination of TAVO™ + KEYTRUDA®
- Provide insights of how TAVO™ is differentiated from other therapeutic approaches for patients with checkpoint refractory metastatic melanoma
Following Dr. Daud's presentation, OncoSec's management team will:
- Outline the U.S. and EU accelerated approval pathway and timelines for the approval of TAVO™ to treat metastatic melanoma patients who are refractory to anti-PD-1 checkpoint therapy
- Showcase OncoSec's newly-developed proprietary visceral lesions applicator or VLA, which is designed to treat a variety of deep visceral tumors including gastrointestinal (GI) tumors, pancreatic tumors and hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC)
- Provide an overview of data presented at the 2019 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) annual meeting, highlighting OncoSec's novel anti-tumor therapeutic product candidate
The FDA designated Fast Track Development Program status to OncoSec's TAVO™ in combination with KEYTRUDA® to stop or cause the regression of the tumor of patients with Stage III/IV melanoma who are progressing on either KEYTRUDA® or OPDIVO®. A drug that receives Fast Track designation is eligible for Accelerated Approval, if relevant criteria are met.
A live webcast of the event will be available. To access the live webcast, please visit the Investor Relations section of OncoSec's website at ir.oncosec.com. An archived replay of the webcast will also be available at the same location.
About OncoSec Medical Incorporated and TAVO™
OncoSec is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing cytokine-based intratumoral immunotherapies to stimulate the body's immune system to target and attack cancer. OncoSec's lead immunotherapy investigational product candidate – TAVO™ (tavokinogene telseplasmid) – enables the intratumoral delivery of DNA-based interleukin-12 (IL-12), a naturally occurring protein with immune-stimulating functions. The technology, which employs electroporation, is designed to produce a controlled, localized expression of IL-12 in the tumor microenvironment, enabling the immune system to target and attack tumors throughout the body. OncoSec has built a deep and diverse clinical pipeline utilizing TAVO™ as a potential treatment for multiple cancer indications either as a monotherapy or in combination with leading checkpoint inhibitors; with the latter potentially enabling OncoSec to address a great unmet medical need in oncology: anti-PD-1 non-responders. Results from recently completed clinical studies of TAVO™ have demonstrated a local immune response, and subsequently, a systemic effect as either a monotherapy or combination treatment approach. In addition to TAVO™, OncoSec is identifying and developing new DNA-encoded therapeutic candidates and tumor indications for use with its ImmunoPulse® platform. For more information, please visit www.oncosec.com.
KEYTRUDA® is a registered trademark of Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.
OPDIVO® is a registered trademark of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
ImmunoPulse® is a registered trademark of OncoSec Medical Incorporated.
Stern Investor Relations
JPA Health Communications
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oncosec-to-host-key-opinion-leader-symposium-on-april-5-2019-300819397.html
SOURCE OncoSec Medical Incorporated