You are here
NGS Market Size Worth $19.70 Billion by 2025 l CAGR: 12.78%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, June 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global next generation sequencing market is expected to reach USD 19.70 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 12.78%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing application of NGS methodologies due to rising number of strategic developments initiated by the market participants is one of the key drivers of the market. These novel strategies mark the presence of intense competition between the key firms. Companies are further increasing their installation base by providing sequencing services in different emerging countries. For instance, in April 2018, Illumina entered into a partnership with Loxo Oncology for the development of Illumina TruSight Tumor 170 NGS test as a companion diagnostic for Loxo Oncology's LOXO-292 and larotrectinib for tumor profiling.
Key suggestions from the report:
- NGS-based platforms & related products account for the dominant market share due to the presence of sequencing platforms and instruments required for clinical applications
- Growing awareness related to NGS services is likely to boost growth of the services segment
- Cancer-related genes have a high level of genomic heterogeneity that can be easily detected by NGS, thus resulting in maximum revenue flow from the oncology field
- On the basis of workflow, sequencing vertical accounted for the largest revenue share of the NGS market in 2018 and is said to continue its dominance over the forecast period
- High demand for this technology and usage of NGS platforms for several research projects and Ph.D. programs contributes to academic research segment's growth
- Whereas, clinical research segment will witness a significant CAGR owing to emergence of NGS applications in clinical research and studies
- North American held the maximum revenue share in 2018 due to the presence of a number of NGS technology providers, such as Illumina and Thermo Fisher
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing region due to continuous improvements laid by key participants in emerging economies, such as China and India
- Prominent companies in the global market include Illumina Inc.; QIAGEN; F Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Product development and M&A are some of the key strategies adopted by these companies, for instance, Illumina acquired Edico Genome to improve the overall efficiency of NGS solutions provided by Illumina
Read 320 page research report with TOC on "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use, By Technology, By Products & Services, By Application, By Workflow, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/next-generation-sequencing-market
Similarly, in March 2018, PierianDx partnered with cancer genetics to offer NGS-based tests for oncology precision medicine. NGS technologies experience significant growth due to rapid automation in the pre-sequencing protocols and advancements in clinical diagnosis and disease testing. Wide application of this technique in oncology, reproductive screening, infectious disease, noninvasive prenatal testing, and pharmacogenomics is also expected to positively impact the market growth. Reduced costs of genetic sequencing has also significantly enhanced the adoption of these technologies. Reduced installation costs of NGS platforms and easy availability of proteomic and genomic data has also resulted in an increased demand, thereby propelling the market development.
Grand View Research has segmented the global next generation sequencing market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- NGS Products & Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Platforms & Related Products
- NGS-based Services
- NGS Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Diagnostics and Screening
- Sporadic Cancer
- Inherited Cancer
- Companion Diagnostics
- Other Diagnostics
- Clinical Investigation
- Infectious Diseases
- Inherited Diseases
- Idiopathic Diseases
- Non-Communicable/Other Diseases
- Reproductive Health
- Newborn Genetic Screening
- Single Gene Analysis
- HLA Typing/Immune System Monitoring
- Metagenomics, Epidemiology & Drug Development
- Agrigenomics & Forensics
- Consumer Genomics
- NGS Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Targeted Sequencing & Resequencing
- NGS Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- NGS Library Preparation Kits
- Semi-automated Library Preparation
- Automated Library Preparation
- Clonal Amplification
- Data Analysis
- NGS Primary Data Analysis
- NGS Secondary Data Analysis
- NGS Tertiary Data Analysis
- NGS End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Academic Research
- Clinical Research
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pharma & Biotech Entities
- Other Users
- NGS Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Latin America
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Biological Seed Treatment Market – The rising global food requirements, encouraging government policies towards microbial products and growing demand for organic and environment friendly products are some of the major drivers expected to drive demand for this market.
- Cell Expansion Market – The rising prevalence of chronic diseases coupled with increasing research activities are the major factors driving the cell expansion market.
- Animal Genetics Market – The global animal genetics market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The growing urban population and increasing consumption of animal proteins are expected to accelerate the growth of this market in near future.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter