You are here
Medline Unveils Two New Perioperative Solutions at AORN Global Surgical Conference
NORTHFIELD, Ill., April 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- At this year's AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo in Nashville, Medline will launch its latest infection prevention innovations and community impact initiatives, including two perioperative solutions that address the pressing need of reducing hospital-acquired infections.
"With more than 50 years working in healthcare, Medline understands the key issues facing health systems and partners with them to drive value and innovation across the perioperative process," says Kimberly Haines, BSN, RN, Certified OR Nurse/Lean Certified, director of clinical services for SPT perioperative solutions at Medline. "We value the strong relationships we have formed with the nursing community and the AORN conference is an opportunity to gather their feedback so we can continually develop innovations that solve their biggest challenges."
Products to Support Clinical Practice:
The company will publicly launch two of its newest solutions designed to support clinicians throughout the perioperative process:
- ERASE Pathogens: According to AORN, only 25 percent of surfaces in the OR are cleaned correctly. For the first time, Medline is showcasing the OR edition of its ERASE Pathogens Surface Disinfection System that combines products, education, and outcomes reporting to drive best practices in infection prevention.
- Total Prep System: In conjunction with Medline's launch of its ReadyPrep™ CHG Cloth, the company is introducing its Total Prep System that offers the ReadyPrep CHG cloths, pre-saturated Povidone Iodine Nasal Antiseptic Swabs, and CHG Oral Rinse for total decolonization of the skin, mouth, and nose.
Honoring Nursing Innovation:
Medline is bringing back its collectible iconic doll, which has been a hit with nurses through the years. The latest addition to the Medline doll collection is Kim the Perioperative Nurse, a nod to nursing innovation and for the first time inspired by a real person driving innovation in the operating room. Inspired by Medline clinician Kim Haines, who helped develop the company's Color-Coded, Sterilized Surgical Closure Kit that can help improve outcomes with some high-risk surgeries by communicating to the surgical team the start of the closing process.
Interactive Learning Experience:
Medline is offering an interactive learning experience titled "How AORN Guidelines Can Help You Erase SSIs" focusing on how clinicians can eliminate surgical site infections. After completing the interactive learning activities, participants will be able to:
- Define risk factors and causes of SSIs.
- Discuss the financial, personal, and societal impact of SSIs.
- Describe how perioperative teams can apply 2019 AORN Guidelines to reduce SSIs.
Clinician Well-Being - Supporting Nurses Through Dance and Humor:
Clinicians work diligently to take care of their patients and to make sure they are up-to-date on the latest trends in education and practice. To bring focus on how clinicians also need care and maintenance of their own well-being, Medline is hosting two large events in support of AORN attendees.
- On Sunday, April 7 at 12:30 PM, approximately 1,000 nurses from the conference will dance in Music City Walk of Fame Park to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Medline Pink Glove Dance, a viral sensation and global movement uniting healthcare professionals, breast cancer patients, and survivors. Medline remains an ardent supporter of breast cancer awareness and will begin accepting applications for the Community Impact Grant Program for Breast Cancer Awareness on April 16.
- Medline will also host 800 nurses its annual breakfast on Monday, April 8 at 6:15 AM featuring international guest speaker and author Karyn Buxman. As a Neurohumorist, she will discuss the role of humor in improving patient comfort and safety while also focusing on the importance of nurse wellness.
Medline is a healthcare business that improves the operating performance of healthcare systems and providers by delivering customized solutions for clinical programs, medical supplies, and supply chain and financial solutions. Headquartered in Northfield, Ill., the company strategically supports nearly a third of the largest healthcare systems in the United States and also works with providers across the continuum of care to achieve both clinical and financial success. With the size of one of the country's largest companies and the agility of a family-owned business, Medline's more than 20,000 employees provide a customized approach to each healthcare provider enabled by this agility at scale. Learn more about Medline at www.medline.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medline-unveils-two-new-perioperative-solutions-at-aorn-global-surgical-conference-300824928.html