You are here
Media Advisory: Top Smoking Cessation Experts Meet in Ottawa
OTTAWA, Jan. 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tobacco is Canada’s leading cause of preventable disease, disability and death. National and international smoking cessation authorities will be gathering in Ottawa this weekend to attend the 11th Annual Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation, Canada’s premier event promoting the latest ideas and evidence in clinical tobacco treatment, program development and smoking cessation research.
This year’s conference will address pressing issues including:
- the challenges and opportunities faced by women who smoke
- the future of e-cigarettes
- tobacco cessation programs in Canada’s far north (a Nunavut perspective)
- the implications of the country’s federal tobacco control strategy
- the effects of cannabis on the heart
This year’s proceedings take place ahead of National Non-Smoking Week, January 20-26.
Visit the OMSC website for the full program.
WHAT: The 11th Annual Ottawa Conference: State of the Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation
WHEN: January 18 and 19, 2019
WHERE: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
TO COORDINATE INTERVIEWS WITH KEY SPOKESPERSONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Leigh B. Morris
University of Ottawa Heart Institute