You are here
Inovalon Announces Charitable Initiatives for 2018
Inovalon Drives Meaningful Impact through Charitable Giving Programs Serving Local and National Organizations
BOWIE, Md., Jan. 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Inovalon (Nasdaq: INOV), a leading technology company providing advanced, cloud-based platforms empowering data-driven healthcare, today announced the names of local and national charitable organizations the Company supported in 2018.
Inovalon remains committed to the advancement of research and treatment for disease, the development of America’s youth through academic and leadership programs, and advocacy for those in need and is proud to back these causes through its corporate philanthropy programs. Inovalon continued these initiatives in 2018 with the support of 33 honorable causes over the course of the year.
“Corporate responsibility is core to our company culture, and as a team, we work diligently to improve and help shape the communities of which we are a part,” said Bob Wychulis, president of Inovalon. “We are proud to support organizations that are working diligently for the betterment of our society, including those in our own backyard and across the country.”
Inovalon contributed direct funding and thousands of employee volunteer hours to the following charities in 2018:
- A Bigger Picture, Inc.: Provides young girls in the Washington, D.C., metro area with guidance to reach their personal goals through opportunities that build self-confidence, character and leadership skills.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) Tour de Cure: Fundraising campaign to support the ADA’s mission to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by the disease.
- Angel Foundation: A Minneapolis non-profit supporting families with a parent living with cancer.
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation: Provides healthcare for persons in the Anne Arundel County community who are otherwise unable to afford the necessary care.
- ARDX Foundation: Shines a light on the importance of mental and behavioral wellness.
- Autism Speaks: Promotes solutions across the spectrum and throughout the life span for the needs of individuals with autism and their families through advocacy and support.
- Back on My Feet: Combats homelessness through the power of running, community support and essential employment and housing resources.
- Blessings in a Backpack: Provides weekend meals for children in the Grand Rapids, Michigan, area who otherwise may not eat until they return to school on Mondays.
- Boy Scouts of America, Baltimore Area Council: Prepares young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling values through its STEM initiative.
- Bowie Health Foundation: Supports health delivery services at the UM Bowie Health Center and Campus.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities: Supports thousands of youths through targeted programs focused on academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character and leadership.
- Bread for the City: Provides Washington, D.C., residents with supplies and comprehensive services, including food, clothing, medical care and legal and social services.
- Casey Cares Foundation: Provides ongoing, uplifting programs for critically ill children and their family members.
- Catholic Charities of Baltimore/Sarah’s House: Offers assistance to children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants and seniors without regard to religion, race or other circumstances.
- California Fires and Disasters Recovery Fund: Supports relief and recovery efforts related to California wildfires.
- Child & Family Charities: Strengthens and supports children, families, and individuals as they evolve and grow in a changing community.
- Citizens Against Sex Trafficking: Committed to stopping commercial sexual exploitation through raising public awareness, fostering the education and supporting the restoration of freedom for victims.
- Community Circle Food Pantry: Greater Washington County Food Bank.
- Community Health Care Association of NY State: Champions community-centered primary care in New York State through leadership, advocacy, and support of Community Health Centers.
- Creating Communities: Offers arts-based, alternative education opportunities in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Provides arts instruction, mentoring, and experiential learning to increase workforce skills, artistic skills, life skills, academic competences and community service.
- Division of Indian Work: Empowers urban American Indians through culturally-based education, counselling, advocacy and leadership development.
- Ele’s Place: Creates awareness and supports grieving children and their families within Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Friends of the Light House: Hosts local events and founded in support of The Light House, which provides food, shelter and life-changing programs that help clients reclaim hope and independence and rebuild their lives.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland: Dedicated to helping young girls build character and gain skills for success in the real world.
- Hope Connections for Cancer Support: Supports those with cancer and their loved ones with the emotional and physical impacts of cancer by facilitating programs of support, education, wellness and hope.
- House of Ruth: Helps women, children and families in greatest need and with very limited resources build safe, stable lives and achieve their highest potential.
- The Light House: Provides food, shelter and life-changing programs that help clients reclaim hope and independence and rebuild their lives.
- Mattie Miracle Cancer Foundation: Supports children and their families throughout the cancer treatment journey to ensure access to quality psychosocial and mental health care and enable children to cope with cancer so they can lead happy and productive lives.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Baltimore/Red Shoe Shuffle: Provides a safe place for cancer patients being treated at local hospitals and their families.
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation: Funds the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long, healthy lives.
- Special Olympics/Polar Bear Plunge: Provides year-round sports training and athletic competitions in a variety of Olympic-type sports for those with intellectual disabilities, helping to increase courage, happiness and fitness. The Polar Bear Plunge is an annual event that benefits the Special Olympics and its programs.
- The Journey Continues: Dedicated to meeting the challenges of breast cancer disparities in the Baltimore community with a focus on increasing the survival rate among African American women.
- Tyler’s Hope: Advances research to find cures, discover effective treatments and promote awareness and education of Dystonia, the third largest movement disorder.
Inovalon is a leading technology company providing cloud-based platforms empowering data-driven healthcare. Through the Inovalon ONE® Platform, Inovalon brings to the marketplace a national-scale capability to interconnect with the healthcare ecosystem, aggregate and analyze data in real-time, and empower the application of resulting insights to drive meaningful impact at the point of care. Leveraging its platform, unparalleled proprietary data sets, and industry-leading subject matter expertise, Inovalon enables better care, efficiency, and financial performance across the healthcare ecosystem. From health plans and provider organizations, to pharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostics companies, Inovalon's unique achievement of value is delivered through the effective progression of “Turning Data into Insight, and Insight into Action®.” Supporting thousands of clients, including 19 of the top 25 U.S. health plans and 22 of the top 25 global pharma companies, Inovalon's technology platforms and analytics are informed by data pertaining to more than 955,000 physicians, 499,000 clinical facilities, 261 million Americans, and 40 billion medical events. For more information, visit www.inovalon.com.
Kim E. Collins