You are here
HealthEC Launches Opioid Analytics Module at 2018 MESC Conference
New solution tackles key opioid-addiction issues state Medicaid agencies will be addressing at Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference
EDISON, N.J., Aug. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HealthEC, a KLAS-recognized end-to-end provider of Population Health Management solutions, today announced the launch of the firm’s opioid-abuse module, HealthEC Opioid Analytics, at the 2018 Medicaid Enterprise Systems Conference in Portland, Oregon.
“As the opioid epidemic continues, states are actively exploring new strategies to protect residents from opioid misuse and increasingly relying on technology platforms to confront the epidemic,” said HealthEC Executive Vice President Sanjay Seth. “HealthEC, which already assists a number of state agencies with Medicaid initiatives, now provides a cutting-edge solution that leverages our industry-leading data aggregation and predictive analytics capabilities to confront the opioid crisis head on.”
HealthEC Opioid Analytics, which seamlessly integrates with MMIS systems, combines powerful data analytics and care management tools to help:
- Triangulate data across provider, beneficiary, and pharmacy to identify prescribing and fulfillment patterns for all controlled substances
- Understand the combined cost of care (pharmacies, patients, providers and payers)
- Stratify patients into distinct categories: legitimate users, users becoming potential abusers, abusers and fraud
- Analyze data by geography, diagnosis, coverage type, drug class, specific drug, and more
- Coordinate patient assessments to identify barriers to treatment and expedite patient access to resources
- Coordinate care for high-risk beneficiaries
- Evaluate use and effectiveness of medication‐assisted treatment
“In addition to facilitating critical follow-through, HealthEC also stands ready to assist organizations with strategic planning and staffing support,” Seth said. “This, in combination with the platform’s built-in data analytics and care coordination tools, will provide state Medicaid agencies with a powerful solution for confronting the growing opioid epidemic.”
HealthEC will be scheduling Opioid Analytics module demonstrations at MESC Conference booths 106 and 107.
HealthEC is a KLAS-recognized end-to-end provider of Population Health Management solutions, helping providers and payers fully realize the benefits of value-based care by translating electronic data (clinical, claims, and community-based) into actionable insights that measurably improve outcomes and reduce costs. HealthEC’s core solution is a flexible, comprehensive platform that aggregates data from disparate sources, utilizes machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics to identify high-risk patients, and generates customized, coordinated care plans to improve quality and mitigate the financial impact of high utilization. HealthEC also offers bespoke advisory and managed services that define and support the strategic roadmap of healthcare leaders as they transition to prioritizing outcomes over volume. To learn more, visit HealthEC.com; follow on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook; or call 800-444-0278, ext. 1500.