You are here
Healthcare Administrative Technology Association (HATA) Publishes Industry Roadmap to Promote Interoperability and Reduce Health Care Costs
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif., Aug. 06, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Healthcare Administrative Technology Association (HATA), the national association representing the practice management systems (PMS) industry, recently published an industry roadmap to promote interoperability and drive down health care costs. This document is a combination of its previous recommendations to both the National Committee on Vital and Health Statistics (NCVHS) and the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC). HATA’s recommendations intend to reduce unnecessary administrative costs of manual processes by increasing actionable messaging and compliant standard transactions, and reduce the cost of maintaining noncompliant transactions, the cost of electronic data interchange (EDI), and the need to go to multiple portals to place information within the PMS workflow.
A summary of HATA’s specific recommendations include:
- streamlined, automated, meaningful information exchange through required standard transaction usage;
- information exchange that meets identified business needs of all stakeholders to realize administrative cost savings;
- validation of the business needs that are addressed and the positive ROI prior to the recommendation of any new standard or operating rule;
- interoperability principles for meaningful information exchange;
- convergence of the administrative and clinical data to meet business use cases; and
- spur innovation to serve emerging information exchange needs among stakeholders by the selection of a multi-stakeholder organization or collaborative of associations.
HATA’s complete Industry Roadmap is available on its website.
“Historically, the voice of the PMS vendor is underrepresented during interoperability industry conversations,” said HATA Vice President and Co-Chair of its Industry Roadmap Workgroup Tammy Banks, an employee of Optum360, a HATA member organization. “We look forward to working with the industry at large to determine the timing, prioritization and other considerations with each of these recommendations.”
The Healthcare Administrative Technology Association (HATA) is a non-profit trade association that provides a forum for the PMS industry and other affiliated stakeholders. The association serves as the representative voice to advocate and influence key stakeholders and government representatives on PMS Vendor issues. Its members: AllMeds, Alpha II, American Medical Association, AMBA, Availity, Cognizant, e-MDs, eProvider Solutions, EZClaim, GeBBS Healthcare, Greenway Health, HealthPac, InstaMed, Medinformatix, MGMA, NextGen Healthcare, Office Ally, Optum, PAHCOM, PaySpan, PracticeAdmin, PracticeInsight and Zelis Payments represent more than 600,000 providers. To learn more about the Healthcare Administrative Technology Association, visit the website at www.hata-assn.org or contact Tim McMullen, JD, CAE, Executive Director, 844-440-HATA (4282) or firstname.lastname@example.org.