You are here
Global Wound Care Market Report 2019-2026: Major Deals, Size, Share, Trends
DUBLIN, Nov. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global Wound Care Market (by Product Type, Applications, Wound Type, Region and Company), Major Deals, Size, Share, Trends - Forecast to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Wound infection is a major safety concern for patients as well as for healthcare professionals globally, thus wound care is essential to reduce infections and promote well-being of patients. Over the years, wound care product categories have continued to expand with the continuous arrival of new and advanced products.
The factors such as the growing prevalence of chronic wounds and acute wounds, increasingly aging population as well as rising rates of diabetes and obesity, advancement in the field of wound care research, and rising number of road traffic accidents are driving the wound care market globally. However, the high cost of advanced wound care products restricts the market growth.
- High Patient Pool and Increasing Prevalence of Acute and Chronic Wounds to Drive Global Wound Care Market
- Technological Advancement
- Rapid Growth in the Geriatric Population
- Global Ageing Indicators
- Population Aged 60 or Over: World and Development Regions, 1950 - 2050
- Worldwide - Distribution of Population Aged 60 Years or Over by Broad Age Group, 1950 - 2050
- Increasing Demand for Combination Dressings
- Growing Prevalence of Diabetes
Global Wound Care Market - Challenges
- High Cost of Wound Care Products Impeding Market Growth
Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Product Type
- Traditional adhesive dressings is the leading product segment of the global wound care market.
- In terms of value, the traditional gauze dressings market was valued over US$ 2.3 Billion in 2018.
- Antimicrobial dressings is the third leading segment of the wound care market.
- Non-adherent dressings and Foam dressings product segments are competing closely to grab maximum share of the pie.
- Hydrocolloids market share is likely to be stable during the forecasting period.
- Hydrogel dressings captured the least share of the global wound care market.
Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Application
- Moist dressings and wound closure applications together accounted for nearly 57% share of the global wound care market in 2018.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy is the third leading application of the wound care market, followed by the Pressure Relief segment.
- The bioengineered skin and skin substitutes captured the least share of the global wound care market.
Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Wound Type
- Surgical & traumatic wounds accounted for the largest share of the global wound care market, followed by Diabetic foot ulcers.
- The venous leg ulcers captured nearly 13% share of the wound care market in 2018.
- The global pressure ulcer market is projected to reach close to US$ 3 Billion by 2026.
- The burns segment accounted for single-digit share of the overall wound care market in 2018.
Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Region
- United States presently dominates the wound care market.
- Asia Pacific is the second most prominent region in the global wound care market, followed by European region.
- Middle East & Africa has the least share in the global wound care market.
Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - Company Analysis
- Acelity L.P. Inc. dominates the global wound care market.
- Smith & Nephew captured the second-highest share of the global wound care market in 2018.
- Johnson & Johnson wound care sales is continuously declining year on year.
- ConvaTec Group and Hartmann is competing closely with each other to grab the maximum share of the global wound care market.
- In May 2019, 3M entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Acelity Inc. and its KCI subsidiaries.
- In March 2018, Scapa Healthcare acquired the Dallas, TX-based BioMed Laboratories.
This report provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Wound Care Industry.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast (2012 - 2026)
3. Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast (2012 - 2026)
3.1 By Product - Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast
3.2 By Application - Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast
3.3 By Wound Type - Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast
3.4 By Region - Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast
3.5 By Company - Global Wound Care Market Share & Forecast
4. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Product Type (2012 - 2026)
4.1 Traditional Adhesive Dressings Market & Forecast
4.2 Traditional Gauze Dressings Market & Forecast
4.3 Non-Adherent Dressings Market & Forecast
4.4 Film Dressings Market & Forecast
4.5 Foam Dressings Market & Forecast
4.6 Hydrogel Market & Forecast
4.7 Hydrocolloids Market & Forecast
4.8 Alginate Dressings Market & Forecast
4.9 Antimicrobial Dressings Market & Forecast
4.10 Wound Care Growth Factors Market & Forecast
4.11 Others Market & Forecast
5. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Application (2012 - 2026)
5.1 Wound Closure Market & Forecast
5.2 Moist Dressings Market & Forecast
5.3 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Market & Forecast
5.4 Bioengineered Skin and Skin Substitutes Market & Forecast
5.5 Pressure Relief Market & Forecast
5.6 Miscellaneous Wound Management Market & Forecast
6. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Wound Type (2012 - 2026)
6.1 Acute Wounds Market & Forecast
6.1.1 Surgical & Traumatic Wounds Market & Forecast
6.1.2 Burns Market & Forecast
6.2 Chronic Wounds Market & Forecast
6.2.1 Diabetic Foot Ulcers Market & Forecast
6.2.2 Pressure Ulcers Market & Forecast
6.2.3 Venous Leg Ulcers Market & Forecast
6.2.4 Others Market & Forecast
7. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - By Region (2012 - 2026)
7.1 United States Wound Care Market & Forecast
7.2 Europe Wound Care Market & Forecast
7.3 Asia Pacific Wound Care Market & Forecast
7.4 Middle East & Africa Wound Care Market & Forecast
7.5 Rest of The World Wound Care Market & Forecast
8. Global Wound Care Market & Forecast - Company Analysis (2012 - 2026)
8.1 Acelity L.P. Inc.
8.1.1 Business overview
8.1.2 Wound Care Sales & Forecast
8.1.3 Recent Developments/Strategy
8.2 Smith & Nephew
8.3 ConvaTec Group
8.4 Molnlycke Health Care AB
8.5 Coloplast Corp
8.6 Derma Sciences, Inc (Acquired by Integra LifeSciences)
8.7 Scapa Healthcare
8.8 3M Health Care
8.10 Johnson & Johnson
9. Global Wound Care Market - Recent Deals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g9e2o5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets