You are here
Global Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Drug Market Analysis & Forecast Report 2019: Universal Vaccines will have a Market Share of 18% and Sales of $1.15B in the 8MM by 2028
DUBLIN, Dec. 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Seasonal Influenza Vaccines: Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
During the 10-year forecast period, there are nine pipeline products that are on track to launch, driving a forecast growth in the 8MM from $4.6b in 2018 to $6.5b in 2028, which represents a CAGR of 3.7%.
Seasonal influenza is a viral infection that occurs annually in the winter months from December to March/April in the Northern Hemisphere and from May to August/September in the Southern Hemisphere. Two types of influenza virus, type A and B, are responsible for the majority of seasonal influenza infections in humans, and due to frequent virus mutations annual vaccination is recommended.
The WHO estimates three to five million cases of severe seasonal influenza infections and 290,000 to 650,000 influenza-related respiratory deaths, most of them in the elderly population. Therefore, many countries recommend annual immunization against seasonal influenza, especially for high-risk groups such as young children, pregnant women, elderly people, and people with chronic diseases.
Immunization provides the best protection against the influenza virus and vaccines have been available for decades with a recent switch from trivalent to quadrivalent vaccines that protect against each two influenza type A and two B strains. Traditionally, seasonal influenza vaccines have been produced in eggs, but a slow manufacturing process and viral egg-adaptations have led to a push for cell-based and recombinant vaccine production methods in recent years.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the seasonal influenza vaccine market landscape in the 8MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil) change from 2018-2028?
- What are the most promising late-stage pipeline products for seasonal influenza vaccination?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline products compare with one another, and against existing immunization options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in seasonal influenza immunization?
- What drivers and barriers will affect seasonal influenza vaccine sales in the 8MM over the forecast period?
- The late stage pipeline for seasonal influenza vaccines, targeting the urgent unmet need of vaccine efficacy, focuses on novel production methods and the improvement and development of influenza vaccines for specific age groups. In addition to new cell-based (Medicago's virus-like-particle VLP-vaccine MDG-2271) and recombinant influenza vaccines (Novavax's adjuvanted nanoparticle NanoFlu), universal influenza vaccines are expected to launch by 2028.
- The universal vaccine candidates, BiondVax's M-001, FluGen's RedeeFlu, and Imutex's FLU-v, target conserved regions of influenza virus proteins and thus promise to protect against multiple (more than four) influenza virus strains, as well as protect for multiple influenza seasons. The publisher expects that universal influenza vaccines will have a market share of 18% and sales of $1.15B in the 8MM by 2028. However, their market share might decrease over time, if the vaccines are as successful as promised and reduce the need for annual vaccinations.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
- Topline Seasonal influenza market revenue from 2018-2028. Annual cost of immunization and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include current vaccination options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting seasonal influenza vaccine sales in the 8MM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global seasonal influenza vaccine market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global seasonal influenza vaccine market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the seasonal influenza vaccine market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1. List of Tables & Figures
2 Seasonal Influenza Vaccines: Executive Summary
2.1 Modest Growth Expected for the Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Market over the Forecast Period from 2018-2028
2.2 Transition from Egg-Based to Cell Culture-Based and Recombinant Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Is Underway
2.3 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Efficacy and Vaccine Hesitancy
2.4 Non-egg-based Vaccines Will Take 38% of the 8MM Influenza Vaccine Market by 2028
2.5 What Do Physicians Think?
3.2 Related Reports
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports
4 Disease Overview
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology
5.1 Disease Background
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
5.3 Global and Historical Trends
5.4 Forecast Methodology
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for Seasonal Influenza (2018-2028)
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of Lab-Confirmed Seasonal Influenza
5.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of Disease of Lab-Confirmed Seasonal Influenza
5.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Incident Cases of Lab-Confirmed Seasonal Influenza
5.5.4 Lab-Confirmed Seasonal Influenza Mortality
5.5.5 Age-Specific Vaccination of Seasonal Influenza
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight
5.6.2 Limitations of Analysis
5.6.3 Strengths of Analysis
6 Disease Management
6.1 Diagnosis and Overview
7 Competitive Assessment
8 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
8.2 Enhanced Vaccine Efficacy in High-Risk Groups
8.3 Public Opinion of Seasonal Influenza Vaccines: Awareness, Hesitancy, and Skepticism
8.4 Immunization Policies Targeting Children and Adolescents
8.5 Vaccines Leveraging Innovative and Efficient Manufacturing Technologies
8.6 Vaccines with Broader Influenza Strain Coverage
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
9.3 Other Drugs in Clinical Development
10 Current and Future Players
10.2 Trends in Corporate Strategy
10.3 Company Portfolio Assessment
10.3.2 Seqirus (CSL Limited)
10.3.6 Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
10.3.7 Other Companies
11 Market Outlook
11.1 Global Markets
11.1.2 Drivers and Barriers - Global Issues
11.2.2 Key Events
11.2.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.3.2 Key Events
11.3.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.4.2 Key Events
11.4.3 Drivers and Barriers
11.5.2 Key Events
11.5.3 Drivers and Barriers
- Denka Seiken
- Mitsubishi Tanabe
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8a1gn9
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-seasonal-influenza-vaccines-drug-market-analysis--forecast-report-2019-universal-vaccines-will-have-a-market-share-of-18-and-sales-of-1-15b-in-the-8mm-by-2028--300970036.html
SOURCE Research and Markets