You are here
Global Immunoassay Market Outlook and Forecast to 2025 - Leading Vendors are Roche Diagnostics, bioMerieux, Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson & Company, and Siemens Healthineers
DUBLIN, Nov. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Immunoassay Market By Products and Services (Instruments, Reagents & Kits, Software & Services), By Applications (Oncology, Infectious Disease Testing, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Autoimmune Disease, Other Applications), By End-users, By Regions - Global F" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report predicts that the global immunoassay market will grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
- Growing Incidence of Chronic and Infectious Disease
- Increase in Geriatric Population
- Growing Adoption of Immunoassay-Based Point-Of-Care Diagnostics
- Stringent Regulatory Approval Process of Immunoassay Instruments and Consumables
- Unfavorable Reimbursement Scenario
- Growing Importance of Companion Diagnostics in the Immunoassay Market
- Market Expansion Opportunities in Emerging Economies
Growing patient base, improvements in technology, increasing significance of companion diagnostics in the immunoassay market, launch of innovative products, and rising elderly population are few of the factors facilitating the growth of the immunoassay market.
The market continues to grow as immunoassay is one of the most widely used techniques for disease diagnosis and measuring treatment effectiveness. Key market players are focusing on increased product launch and strategic deals to strengthen their market position. The market generates significant revenue from the key players operating in this field, and few of them include Roche Diagnostics, bioMrieux SA, Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson & Company, and Siemens Healthineers.
According to the author analysis, North America accounted for the largest share of the global immunoassay market in 2018 and Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Immunoassays offer a broad array of applications in disease diagnosis with high specificity and sensitivity when compared to other tests. According to the National Cancer Institute, in the US, an estimated 1,735,530 new cancer cases were diagnosed and approximately 609,640 deaths were recorded in 2018. The biggest infectious disease killers, currently in the US, are pneumonia and flu, which are responsible for nearly 40% of all deaths from infectious diseases.
By Products & Services
- Reagents and Kits
- Software and Services
Reagents and kits, in terms of immunoassay products and services, held a significant market share in 2018, owing to the need to repeat the purchase of assay kits & reagents, increase in the rate of chronic and infectious diseases, and growing number of immunoassay tests.
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Autoimmune Disease
- Other Applications
Among various applications, the infectious disease testing segment occupied the largest share in 2018. Oncology is estimated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing technological advancements that assist in the precise identification of cancer-causing organisms and rising number of cancer cases globally.
- Hospitals and Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Other End-users
The hospitals and laboratories segment occupied the largest market share, i.e., more than 30% in 2018, and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period 2019-2025.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
North America was dominant in the global immunoassay market in 2018. The significant share of the North American region comes from the US due to improved healthcare infrastructure, high usage of immunoassays in clinical diagnostics, and favorable reimbursement facilities.
The market players are continuously focusing on R&D to deliver innovative products in the market. The increasing usage of technology has resulted in strategic collaborations, new product launch, and increased funding.
- For instance, in March 2019, Beckman Coulter announced the launch of Access PCT assay, the newest addition to its extensive portfolio for the sepsis identification and management.
- In April 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific announced the availability of the new immunoassay, Thermo Scientific CEDIA Mitragynine (Kratom) assay, its latest drugs of abuse test that comprises supporting calibrators and controls.
- In August 2019, Bio-Techne Corporation and Cygnus Technologies, a part of Maravai LifeSciences, announced a strategic partnership for the quantification of Chinese Hamster Ovary Host Cell Proteins (CHO-HCP) on the ProteinSimple-branded Ella immunoassay platform. According to agreement terms, both the companies are introducing the co-developed third-generation CHO-HCP assay in the proprietary Simple Plex immunoassay cartridge for customers in North America and Europe.
- Roche Diagnostics
- bioMerieux S.A.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Becton Dickinson & Company
- Siemens Healthineers
Key Competitive Facts
- The market is highly competitive with all the players competing to gain market share. Intense competition, rapid advancements in technology, frequent changes in government policies, and the prices are key factors that confront the market.
- The requirement of high capital investment, implementation, and maintenance cost in the market are also limiting the entry of new players.
- Understanding the potential market opportunity with precise market size and forecast data.
- A detailed market analysis focusing on the growth of immunoassay industry.
- Factors influencing the growth of the immunoassay market.
- In-depth competitive analysis of dominant and pure-play vendors.
- Prediction analysis of the immunoassay market in both developed and developing regions.
- Key insights related to major segments of the immunoassay market.
- Latest market trend analysis impacting the buying behavior of the consumers.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ihdhkb
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-immunoassay-market-outlook-and-forecast-to-2025---leading-vendors-are-roche-diagnostics-biomerieux-abbott-laboratories-becton-dickinson--company-and-siemens-healthineers-300966101.html
SOURCE Research and Markets