You are here
Global Auto-Injectors Markets, 2013-2018 & 2019-2025: Emerging Biologic Drug Therapies Largely Impacts the Market
DUBLIN, Aug. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global Auto-Injectors Market (By Application/Indication, Product Type, Usability, Distribution Channels, Region), Key Company Profiles - Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global auto-injectors market is expected to reach nearly US$6 billion by 2025
The auto-injector is a small device designed to deliver a specific dose of a particular drug. They are usually spring-loaded syringes that are mainly invented for comfortable and safe dispensation of the drugs. The drug is delivered by inserting the syringe needle at the desired site of injection, and on a push of a button. Auto-injectors are easy to use and intended for self-administration by patients or any other caretaker or personnel at home.
Rising self-medication practices, mounting occurrence of chronic and lifestyle associated diseases, advancement in technology, government reimbursements, and increasing incidences of anaphylaxis cases and food allergies around the world is majorly responsible for the growth of the global auto-injectors market.
Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast - By Application/Indication
- Anaphylaxis is the leading application segment of the auto-injectors market.
- Multiple sclerosis is the second leading application of the auto-injectors market.
- Multiple sclerosis affects about 400,000 people in the United States and about 2.5 million worldwide.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is the fastest-growing segment of the auto-injectors market.
Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast - By Product Type
- Prefilled auto-injectors dominate the auto-injectors market with over 90% share in the year 2018.
- Fillable auto-injectors are reusable injectors which are designed for multiple use administration and their reservoir can contain more than a single dose.
Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast - By Usability
- Disposable auto-injectors dominate the market and are projected to grow at a significant pace owing to the benefits of disposable auto-injectors over reusable devices.
- The reusable auto-injectors, on the other hand, captured over 35% share of the market.
Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast - By Distribution Channels
- Online pharmacies are the largest distribution channel for auto-injectors.
- Retail pharmacies will be procuring over one-fourth of the global market value by the end of the forecast period.
Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast - By Region
- North America currently holds the majority of the auto-injectors market and is expected to maintain its position throughout the forecast period.
- Globally, Europe stands as the second-largest market for auto-injectors.
- Asia-Pacific auto-injectors market is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- The Middle East & Africa auto-injectors market is predicted to be in the range of US$ 350 - US$ 375 Million by 2025
- Increasing Prevalence of Food Allergy / Allergic Cases
- Reduction in Reliance on Healthcare Provisions Due to Auto-Injectors
- Government Initiatives & Rising Awareness Drives Market Growth
- Decline in Price of Epipen
- Advancement of Auto-Injector Devices & Industry Updates
- Emerging Biologic Drug Therapies Largely Impacts the Market
Global Auto-Injectors Market-Challenges
- Side-effects of Auto-Injectors
- Preference for Alternative Drug Delivery Modes
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
3. Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast (2013-2025)
3.1 By Application/Indication-Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast
3.2 By Product Type-Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast
3.3 By Usability-Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast
3.4 By Distribution Channels-Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast
3.5 By Region-Global Auto-Injectors Market Share & Forecast
4. By Application/Indication-Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
4.1 Anaphylaxis Market & Forecast
4.2 Multiple Sclerosis Market & Forecast
4.3 Rheumatoid Arthritis Market & Forecast
4.4 Others Market & Forecast
5. By Product Type-Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
5.1 Prefilled Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
5.2 Fillable Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
6. By Usability-Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
6.1 Reusable Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
6.2 Disposable Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
7. By Distribution Channels-Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
7.1 Online Pharmacies-Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
7.2 Retail Pharmacies-Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
7.3 Other Channels-Auto Injectors Market & Forecast
8. By Region-Global Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast (2013-2025)
8.1 North America-Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast
8.2 Asia Pacific-Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast
8.3 Middle East & Africa-Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast
8.4 Europe-Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast
8.5 Latin America-Auto-Injectors Market & Forecast
9. Global Auto-Injectors Market-Company Profiles
- Amgen Inc.
- Antares Pharma Inc
- Bayer AG
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- Biogen Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Eli Lilly And Company
- Meridian Medical Technologies Inc (a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc)
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Scandinavian Health Ltd.
- Unilife Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ss9c46
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets