You are here
Global Analgesics Markets, 2018-2019 & 2024 by Type, Drug Class, ROA, Pain Type, Application, & Region
DUBLIN, March 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Analgesics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global analgesics market was worth US$ 44.3 Billion in 2018
Pain currently represents a major global health challenge. Worldwide, it has been estimated that 1 out of every 5 adults suffers from pain and that another 1 in in every 10 adults are diagnosed with chronic pain each year. Analgesics (also known as painkillers or pain relievers) are drugs that are taken to relieve pain.
They may be taken to relieve pain that arises from a wide range of conditions, such as appendicitis, surgery, infection, headaches, mensuration, cancer, pain syndromes, sprains, strains, toothache, etc. The two major categories of analgesics that are used to treat pain include Opioids and NSAIDs. Majority of the analgesics are taken orally. They may, however, also be taken through other delivery routes such as parenteral, topical, transdermal, rectal, etc.
The global analgesics market is expected to exhibit moderate growth over the next five years. A major factor catalyzing this demand is the strong growth in the geriatric population. In 2017, between 950 Million-1000 Million people were over the age of 60. We expect these numbers to reach 2100 Million by 2050 accounting for 21% of the total global population. The rising older population is expected to increase the incidence of pain arising from a number of chronic and lifestyle diseases.
The market for analgesics is also expected to be catalyzed by a strong drug pipeline and high unmet needs. We expect a number of new drugs to be launched in the coming years. Other major factors catalyzing the analgesics market include changing lifestyles, rising prevalence of obesity and overweight, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, etc.
Looking forward, the global analgesics market is expected to reach a revenue of US$ 56.8 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of around 4% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the drug type, the market has been segmented into prescription analgesics and OTC analgesics. Prescription analgesics currently dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the drug class, the market has been segmented into opioids, NSAIDs and others. Opioids currently represents the biggest segment.
- Based on the route of administration, the market has been segmented into oral, parenteral, topical, transdermal and rectal. Currently, oral dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the pain type, the market has been segmented into musculoskeletal pain, surgical and trauma pain, cancer pain, neuropathic pain, migraine, obstetrical pain, fibromyalgia, pain due to burns, dental/facial pain, paediatric pain and others. Musculoskeletal pain currently represents the biggest segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into internal analgesics and external analgesics. Internal analgesics currently represent the biggest segment.
- North America currently represents the biggest market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global analgesics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global analgesics industry?
- What is the breakup of the global analgesics market on the basis of drug type?
- What is the breakup of the global analgesics market on the basis of drug class?
- What is the breakup of the global analgesics market on the basis of route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the global analgesics market on the basis of pain type?
- What is the breakup of the global analgesics market on the basis of application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global analgesics market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global analgesics market?
- What is the structure of the global analgesics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global analgesics market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.3 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Analgesics Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Drug Class
5.5 Market Breakup by ROA
5.6 Market Breakup by Pain Type
5.7 Market Breakup by Application
5.8 Market Breakup by Region
5.9 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Type
6.1 Prescription Analgesics
6.2 OTC Analgesics
7 Market Breakup by Drug Class
8 Market Breakup by ROA
9 Market Breakup by Pain Type
9.1 Musculoskeletal Pain
9.2 Surgical and Trauma Pain
9.3 Cancer Pain
9.4 Neuropathic Pain
9.6 Obstetrical Pain
9.8 Pain due to Burns
9.9 Dental/Facial Pain
9.10 Pediatric Pain
10 Market Breakup by Application
10.1 Internal Analgesics
10.2 External Analgesics
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 Global Analgesics Industry: SWOT Analysis
13 Global Analgesics Industry: Value Chain Analysis
13.2 Research and Development
13.3 Raw Material Procurement
14 Global Analgesics Industry: Porters Five Forces Analysis
14.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
14.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
14.4 Degree of Competition
14.5 Threat of New Entrants
14.6 Threat of Substitutes
15 Global Analgesics Industry: Price Analysis
15.1 Price Indicators
15.2 Price Structure
15.3 Margin Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Market Structure
16.2 Key Players
16.3 Profiles of Key Players
- Bayer AG
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Reckitt Benckiser (RB)
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ei2yz9
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets