You are here
Genomic Market to Rise at 18.7% CAGR: Agilent Technologies, Illumina Inc., and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd Together Cover the Maximum Share, Finds Fortune Business Insights
- Key Companies Covered in the Genomic Market Research Report are Agilent Technologies, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Danaher, QIAGEN, BGI, IntegraGen, and others.
PUNE, India, July 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The use of genomics is expanding in the medical industry, which is creating growth opportunities for the global Genomics Market. Fortune Business Insights in a new report, titled "Genomics Market: Global Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2019-2026" offers valuable insights into the factors enabling growth in the market. Genomics is most commonly used for the diagnosis of cancer. Recent advancements in personalized medicine and genomics have bought significant transformations in disease management. The growing use of genomics in several clinical trials is reflecting a growing trend. Consequently, the global market is expected to rise at an exponential CAGR of 18.7% between 2018 and 2026. In 2018, the market was valued at US$ 15,888.8 Mn and it is anticipated to reach US$ 62,614.6 Mn by 2026. The gradual shift from traditional medicine to precision medicine is positively changing the healthcare environment. Genomics plays a crucial role in the treatment and diagnosis of chronic diseases.
Browse Complete Report Details with Table of Content and Figures:
Adoption of Advanced Technologies Renders North America Dominant
From a geographical standpoint, North America dominated the global Genomics Market in 2018. The region will continue to maintain its dominance through the forecast period. Rapid technological advancements and the presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure are driving the market in this region. In 2018, North America was valued at US$ 6,959.3 Mn. The demand for genomic medicine is increasing in North America on account of the rising adoption of personalized medicine and new sequencing technologies.
Europe is expected to display great growth potential owing to the wide availability of funds and the presence of large MNCs. Governments in the U.K. is increasingly making investments in research and development (R&D) activities to favour the expansion of the market in Europe.
The market in Asia Pacific is likely to witness strong growth during the forecast years. The primary factor responsible for the growth is developing healthcare infrastructure. The awareness about genomic technologies is increasing in countries such as India and China, as people in these countries are becoming more aware with regards to the detection of genetic disorders, their treatment and prognosis. All these factors are enabling growth in the market.
A Myriad of R&D Activities Has Spurred Growth Prospects for Genomics Market
"Several services and start-up companies are paving their way into genomics industry by offering services which include ancestry services, direct-to-customer genomic services, among others," stated a lead analyst at Fortune Business Insights. "Rising support from governments regarding research and funding is expected to contribute to the growth of the market," he added. Several genomic institutes are supporting the industry by granting funds for performing research and development activities. Stanford healthcare uses genomic information to develop a personalized treatment for patients suffering from chronic illness.
The lower costs of genetic procedures is likely to contribute to the development of the genomic market in the forthcoming years. Technological advancements in genomic medicine which include Next-generation Sequencing (NGS), Sanger sequencing, Polymerase Chain Reactions (PCR), and microarray are likely to drive the market. Of these, Polymerase Chain Reactions (PCR) covered the maximum share in the global market in 2018. The easy availability and extensive use of this technology are responsible for this segment's growth. Owing to the increasing number of genetic studies, the demand for genomics is expected to fuel in healthcare facilities & diagnostic centers, Contract Research Organization (CROs) and others.
Veritas Genetics Launched myGenome to Offer Personalized Services to its Customers
General Electric Company, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, Agilent Technologies, Inc., IntegraGen, QIAGEN, BGI, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Danaher, and Illumina, Inc. are some of the leading players in the global Genomics Market. Among these, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Agilent Technologies, Inc., and Illumina, Inc. are projected to dominate the global market. Strong geographical presence and robust portfolio are factors responsible for their prominent position in the market. Several companies are entering into strategic alliances to better their market position and increase revenue. Bristol Myers Squibb collaborated with Foundation Medicine in March 2017. This collaboration will help the former company to leverage the latter's molecular information and genomic profiling solutions. Furthermore, it will help Bristol Myers to identify biomarkers such as Microsatellite Instability (MSI) and Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB) in cancer patients. Another company called 10X Genomics acquired an epigenomics-based startup called Epinomics in August 2018. This acquisition will help the company strengthen its market position.
Key companies covered in the report
- Illumina, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- General Electric Company
- Other prominent playersSpeak to Analyst https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/speak-to-analyst/genomics-market-100941
Table of Content:
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Market Trends
- Key Insights
- Genomics Research Spending - For Key Countries, 2018
- Regulatory Scenario - For Key Countries
- Overview of Genomics Service Provider
- New Product Launch
- Start-ups with their Funding Overview
- Key Industry Developments - Mergers, Acquisitions and Partnerships
- Global Genomics Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2015-2026
- Key Findings / Summary
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- Instruments& Software
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Technology
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Next-generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Sanger Sequencing
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By End User
- Research Institutes
- Healthcare Facilities & Diagnostic Centers
- Pharmaceutical& Biotechnological Companies
- Contract Research Organization (CROs)
- Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Competitive Analysis
- Strategic RecommendationsRequest for Customization: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/customization/genomics-market-100941
Browse Related Reports:
- Parkinson's Disease Drugs Market Size, Share and Global Trend by Drug Class (Decarboxylase Inhibitors, Dopamine Agonists, Monoamine Oxidase Type B (MAO-B) Inhibitor, Catechol-O-Methyltransferase (COMT) Inhibitors), Route of Administration (Oral, Injection, Transdermal), Distribution Channels (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy) & Geography Forecast till 2026
- Dermal Fillers Market Size, Share and Global Trend by Product (Biodegradable, Non-Biodegradable), By Ingredient (Hyaluronic Acid, Calcium Hydroxylapatite Poly-L-lactic Acid, PMMA (Poly (methyl methacrylate)), Fat Fillers), By Application (Scar Treatment, Wrinkle Correction Treatment, Lip Enhancement, Restoration of Volume/ Fullness) & Geography Forecast till 2026
- Contract Research Organization (CRO) Services Market Size, Share and Global Trend by Service Type (Discovery, Pre-Clinical, Clinical, Laboratory Services), By Application (Oncology, Cardiology, Infectious Disease, Metabolic Disorders), By End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnological Companies, Medical Device Companies, Academic & Research Institutes) and Geography Forecast till 2026
- Diabetes Devices Market Size, Share and Global Trend by Product (Monitoring Devices, Treatment Devices), By Distribution Channel (Institutional Sales, Retail Sales) and Geography Forecast till 2026About us:
Fortune Business Insights offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We therefore offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges.
Fortune Business Insights Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune - 411045, Maharashtra, India.