You are here
Durable Medical Equipment Market Size Worth $271.0 Billion by 2026: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, March 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --The global durable medical equipment (DME) market size is expected to reach USD 271.0 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.1%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is primarily driven by rise in chronic diseases, such as kidney failures and cancer. Moreover, technological advancements along with strong reimbursement scenario will boost the DME market further. For instance, in January 2019, WHILL, Inc., a U.S.-based personal electric vehicle, introduced new technology WHILL autonomous drive at the Consumer Electronic Sow held at the Las Vegas. In the past, Medicare has taken steps to bring reimbursement of DME products in line with other payers.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Personal mobility devices emerged as the largest segment owing to the launch of technologically advanced products with more comfort and portability
- Nursing homes is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment over the study period as these facilities offer custodial care like skilled care, such as bathing and dressing
- Europe led the market with the largest share in 2018 and will witness a steady growth in future on account of the presence of major companies in the region
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2026 owing to the presence of a large target population base and improving healthcare facilities
- Some of the key companies in the global DME market are Invacare Corporation; ArjoHuntleigh; Stryker Corporation; Hill Rom, Inc.; Drive Medical; GF Health Products, Inc.; Sunrise Medical; Medline Industries, Inc.; and Carex Health Brands, Inc.
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By End Use (Hospitals, Nursing Homes), By Region (North America, MEA, APAC, Europe), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/durable-medical-equipment-dme-market
In this direction, in December 2015, the Center for Medicare & Medicare Services (CMS) issued a new rule of prior authorization process for DME, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS). The DMEPOS includes the master list of 135 items, which require prior authorization before beneficiary receives an item. In addition, growing geriatric population across the globe is likely to contribute to the industry expansion. People aged 60 years or above are more prone to health issues, such as diabetes, mobility issues, Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), and other lifestyle problems. This creates demand for DME products. However, stringent regulatory guidelines in developed economies and lack of skilled professionals may limit the durable medical equipment market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Durable Medical Equipment (DME) market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
DME Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Personal Mobility Devices
- Walker and Rollators
- Cranes and Crutches
- Door Openers
- Other Device
- Bathroom Safety Devices and Medical Furniture
- Commodes and Toilets
- Mattress and Bedding Devices
- Monitoring and Therapeutic Devices
- Blood Sugar Monitors
- Continuous Passive Motion (CPM)
- Infusion Pumps
- Oxygen Equipment
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
- Suction Pumps
- Traction Equipment
- Others Equipment
DME End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Nursing Homes
- Home Healthcare
DME Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Optogenetics Market- Optogenetics controls the neural activity with by combining genetic engineering and optical tools. Optogenetics is widely used in neuroscience for modulation of neural circuits with high degree of precision and specificity.
- Cardiovascular Needle Market - There is an increase in demand for cardiovascular needles due to rising number of cardiovascular interventions across the globe. The factors that propel the growth of the global Cardiovascular Needle Market include rising geriatric population and rising occurrence of cardiovascular diseases
- Blood Fluid Warming Systems Market - Blood warmer is a device used particularly to warm blood or fluids in prior for transferring blood to a person. It basically works by warming the blood to a temperature that is mainly considered safe for infusion. The device is particularly used in ICUs, hospitals, clinical institutions, and operating rooms to prevent hypothermic condition.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519