You are here
Dermatoscopes Market Size Worth $1.7 Billion by 2025 | CAGR: 13.6%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global dermatoscopes market size is expected to reach USD 1.7 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 13.6% during the forecast period. Dermatoscopy plays a vital role in screening for skin cancer, which has resulted in early detection and identification of pigmented lesions. Benign pigmented moles possess a certain risk of developing melanoma.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Contact dermatoscopes dominated the market in 2017 owing to abundant availability of these products
- Hybrid dermatoscopes are anticipated to exhibit lucrative CAGR over the forecast period owing to unique features of contact as well as noncontact dermatoscopes
- In 2017, LED technology held the largest market share owing to benefits associated with its usage, which include exact light intensity, color, and, homogeneity rendering precise diagnosis
- Handheld devices generated maximum revenue share in 2017 due to the fact that they are relatively compact and consist of rechargeable batteries that enable easy manoeuvring across the body
- Amongst end use segments, dermatology clinics dominated the market in 2017 and is also expected to exhibit attractive growth over the forecast period
- The availability of sophisticated and technologically advanced medical equipment at dermatology clinics provides patients quick and rapid diagnosis, which helps deliver better treatment
- North America held largest market share in 2017 owing to increase in the prevalence of skin cancer and growth in the adoption of advanced diagnostic technologies in this region
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to exhibit attractive growth over the forecast period due to the introduction of novel technologies in countries such as Japan and China
- Some of the key market participants are 3Gen; Optilia; Firefly Global; HEINE Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG; FotoFinder Systems, Inc.; Caliber Imaging & Diagnostics, Inc.; ILLUCO Corporation Ltd.; Bio-Therapeutic, Inc.; and Welch Allyn
Read 98 page research report with TOC on "Dermatoscopes Market Analysis Report By Technology (LED, Xenon, Halogen, UV), By Product (Contact, Hybrid, Noncontact), By Modality (Handheld, Headband), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/dermatoscopes-market
Skin cancer is a chronic disease affecting a large population of the world. Rising incidence of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers is providing an upthrust to the market. Certain moles, such as giant congenital pigmented hairy moles, are at high risk of developing melanoma. This has boosted the need for effective diagnosis with dermatoscopes.
In April 2016, The Skin Cancer Foundation initiated a month-long education and fundraising campaign during the Skin Cancer Awareness month. Early detection has been proved to be very useful in its effective treatment. Hence, rising number of awareness campaigns is estimated to fuel the demand for dermatoscopes, which is anticipated to propel the market. Earlier, the usage of these technologically advanced devices was limited to detection of noninvasive melanoma. However, with technological advancements, their application has widened to advanced diagnosis of various skin disorders.
Grand View Research has segmented the global dermatoscopes market on the basis of product, technology, modality, end use, and region:
- Dermatoscopes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Contact Dermatoscope
- Hybrid Dermatoscope
- Noncontact Dermatoscope
- Dermatoscopes Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Dermatoscopes Modality Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Trolley Mounted
- Dermatoscopes End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Dermatology Clinics
- Dermatoscopes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Wound Closure Devices Market – Increasing demand for reduction in surgical expenditure has given rise to the products capable of enhancing therapeutic outcome by reducing hospital stay are the major drivers for the growth of wound closure devices market.
- Radiotherapy Market – improvements in the imaging of tumors for radiotherapy applications is the major driver expected to fuel the growth of this market throughout the coming decade.
- Orthopedic Biomaterials Market – A consistently high efficacy demonstrated by orthopedic medical treatments using biomaterial implants combined with stem cell therapy is a major factor responsible for an increase in demand in the global orthopedic biomaterial market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter