You are here
CVS Health Opens 36 New Drive-Thru Test Sites in New York as Part of Nationwide COVID-19 Response
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on the company's comprehensive efforts to help slow the spread of the virus, on Friday, May 22 CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) will open 36 new COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across New York. The opening of additional test sites across the state and country will be announced by the end of the month.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and mark the next phase of the company's nationwide COVID-19 testing strategy, announced April 27. CVS Health expects to have up to 1,000 locations across the country offering this service by the end of May, with the goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month, subject to availability of supplies and lab capacity. The 36 test sites in New York are part of nearly 350 locations across 14 states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
"While the large-scale test sites we've been operating since early April have proven successful, this new approach allows us to utilize our presence in communities across the country and bring testing closer to home," said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. "Our frontline employees will continue to play a critical role in the testing process, with members of their communities directly benefitting from their dedication and selflessness."
Self-swab tests will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 22 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations, and CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The new testing sites in New York include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 951 Atlantic Avenue, Baldwin, NY 11510
- CVS Pharmacy, 107 South Country Road, Bellport, NY 11713
- CVS Pharmacy, Candlewood Road and 5th Avenue, Brentwood, NY 11717
- CVS Pharmacy, 311 Main Street, Center Moriches, NY 11934
- CVS Pharmacy, 2315 Middle Country Road, Centereach, NY 11720
- CVS Pharmacy, 1710 Route 112, Coram, NY 11727
- CVS Pharmacy, 520 Larkfield Road, East Northport, NY 11731
- CVS Pharmacy, 2000 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731
- CVS Pharmacy, 1797 Dutch Broadway, Elmont, NY 11003
- CVS Pharmacy, 450 Main Street, Farmingdale, NY 11735
- CVS Pharmacy, 372 Jericho Turnpike, Floral Park, NY 11001
- CVS Pharmacy, 114 South Long Beach Road, Freeport, NY 11520
- CVS Pharmacy, 65 Forest Avenue, Glen Cove, NY 11542
- CVS Pharmacy, 399 Jerusalem Avenue, Hicksville, NY 11855
- CVS Pharmacy, 111 Depot Road, Huntington Station, NY 11746
- CVS Pharmacy, 530 Burnside Avenue, Inwood, NY 11096
- CVS Pharmacy, 831 Connetquot Avenue, Islip Terrace, NY 11752
- CVS Pharmacy, 2970 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown, NY 11756
- CVS Pharmacy, 496 County Road 111 Building C, Manorville, NY 11949
- CVS Pharmacy, 410 Jericho Turnpike, Mineola, NY 11501
- CVS Pharmacy, 310 Hillside Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040
- CVS Pharmacy, 470 West Main Street, Patchogue, NY 11772
- CVS Pharmacy, 729 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
- CVS Pharmacy, 2250 Seamans Neck Road, Seaford, NY 11783
- CVS Pharmacy, 29 Havenwood Drive, Shirley, NY 11967
- CVS Pharmacy, 977 Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11725
- CVS Pharmacy, 111 Terry Road, Smithtown, NY 11787
- CVS Pharmacy, 4065 Amboy Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10308
- CVS Pharmacy, 1571 Forest Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10302
- CVS Pharmacy, 250 Page Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10307
- CVS Pharmacy, 2045 Forest Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10303
- CVS Pharmacy, 2465 Richmond Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10314
- CVS Pharmacy, 1125 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10305
- CVS Pharmacy, 6221 Route 25A, Wading River, NY 11792
- CVS Pharmacy, 105 Montauk Highway, West Sayville, NY 11782
- CVS Pharmacy, 610 Old Country Road, Westbury, NY 11590
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy Drive-thru test sites can be found here.
More information on steps CVS Health has taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for health care providers and clinicians facing financial and administrative strain, is available at the company's frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
For downloadable COVID-19 testing media assets, including photos, video and interviews with CVS Health executives, please visit the Media Resource Center.
About CVS Health
CVS Health employees are united around a common goal of becoming the most consumer-centric health company in the world. We're evolving based on changing consumer needs and meeting people where they are, whether that's in the community at one of our nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or in the palm of their hand. Our newest offerings – from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions – are designed to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable experience. Learn more about how we're transforming health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
Tara Burke, (646) 765-4971
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-opens-36-new-drive-thru-test-sites-in-new-york-as-part-of-nationwide-covid-19-response-301063381.html
SOURCE CVS Health