You are here
CVS Health Expands Statewide COVID-19 Response By Opening 27 Additional New Drive-Thru Test Sites in Pennsylvania
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- In an ongoing effort to help slow the spread of the virus, CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) today expanded its COVID-19 testing program by announcing 27 additional test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Pennsylvania. The opening of additional test sites on Friday, May 22 add to the nine locations previously opened on May 15 in Pennsylvania.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and mark the next phase of the company's nationwide COVID-19 testing strategy, announced April 27. CVS Health expects to have up to 1,000 locations across the country offering this service by the end of May, with the goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month, subject to availability of supplies and lab capacity. The 36 test sites in Pennsylvania are part of a total of nearly 350 locations across 14 states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
"As we move into a new phase of combatting the pandemic and as communities begin to safely open up their local economies, we need testing to be easily accessible," said Troyen Brennan, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President, CVS Health. "By further expanding the number of drive-thru test sites available across our retail network, more people can be tested closer to home in a familiar setting."
Once fully operational, more than half of the company's 1,000 test sites will serve communities with the greatest need for support, as measured by the CDC's Social Vulnerability Index. The index tracks a variety of census variables including poverty, lack of access to transportation, and crowded housing that may weaken a community's ability to prepare for and recover from hazardous events like natural disasters and disease outbreaks.
Self-swab tests will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 22 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self-swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations, and CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The additional new testing sites in Pennsylvania include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 2434 Catasauqua Road, Bethlehem, PA 18018
- CVS Pharmacy, 3265 County Line Road, Chalfont, PA 18194
- CVS Pharmacy, 1181 Freedom Road, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
- CVS Pharmacy, 5001 Township Line Road, Drexel Hill, PA 19026
- CVS Pharmacy, 620 Old Philadelphia Road, Easton, PA 18042
- CVS Pharmacy, 920 Bethlehem Pike, Erdenheim, PA 19038
- CVS Pharmacy, 3750 Sterrettania Road, Erie, PA 16506
- CVS Pharmacy, 1937 MacDade Boulevard, Folsom, PA 19033
- CVS Pharmacy, 5001 Jonestown Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- CVS Pharmacy, 2501 Warren Road, Indiana, PA 15701
- CVS Pharmacy, 835 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
- CVS Pharmacy, 870 Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square, PA 19348
- CVS Pharmacy, 3295 PA Route 100, Macungie, PA 18062
- CVS Pharmacy, 5703 Steubenville Pike, McKees Rocks, PA 15136
- CVS Pharmacy, 3893 William Penn Highway, Monroeville, PA 15146
- CVS Pharmacy, 328 Cochran Road, Mt. Lebanon, PA 15228
- CVS Pharmacy, 734 East Washington Street, New Castle, PA 16101
- CVS Pharmacy, 200 South Lincoln Avenue, Newtown, PA 18940
- CVS Pharmacy, 3930 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, PA 19073
- CVS Pharmacy, 1201 North Fifth Street, Perkasie, PA 18944
- CVS Pharmacy, 402 Route 313, Perkasie, PA 18944
- CVS Pharmacy, 1901 West Oregon Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19146
- CVS Pharmacy, 1740 Washington Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
- CVS Pharmacy, 4664 Browns Hill Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15217
- CVS Pharmacy, 2400 Butler Pike, Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
- CVS Pharmacy, 509 Davis Street, Scranton, PA 18505
- CVS Pharmacy, 3015 Lincoln Highway, Thorndale, PA 19372
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy drive-thru test sites can be found here.
More information on steps CVS Health has taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for health care providers and clinicians facing financial and administrative strain, is available at the company's frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
For downloadable COVID-19 testing media assets, including photos, video and interviews with CVS Health executives, please visit the Media Resource Center.
About CVS Health
CVS Health employees are united around a common goal of becoming the most consumer-centric health company in the world. We're evolving based on changing consumer needs and meeting people where they are, whether that's in the community at one of our nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or in the palm of their hand. Our newest offerings – from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions – are designed to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable experience. Learn more about how we're transforming health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-expands-statewide-covid-19-response-by-opening-27-additional-new-drive-thru-test-sites-in-pennsylvania-301063399.html
SOURCE CVS Health