You are here
Chiesi Salutes Nurses Surrounding Neonatal Nurses Day 2018
Neonatal nurses celebrated by hospital colleagues and Chiesi for their commitment to babies
CARY, N.C., Sept. 18, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For the second consecutive year, Chiesi (key-A-zee), a Cary-based specialty pharmaceutical company, saluted neonatal nurses as part of Neonatal Nurses Day.
Every day, devoted neonatal specialists care for the tiniest and most fragile patients – infants in their early weeks of life. During this time of rapid change and emotional strain, neonatal nurses remain a stable and compassionate support system for premature infants and their families. The role of a neonatal or neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) nurse extends beyond bedside care to mentor fellow nurses and assist attending physicians, all in an effort to best serve patients and their families. The following nurses were nominated by their peers for their team spirit, unwavering patient dedication and empowering leadership:
- Lacey Townsend, RN, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood, Ky.
- Traci Crase, RN, Clinical Nurse Lead, Tucson Medical Center, Tucson, Ariz.
- Christine Smith, RN, Shore Medical Center, Sommers Point, N.J.
- Kim Oski, Nurse Practitioner, Connecticut Children’s Medical Center NICU at UConn Health in Farmington, Conn.
- Danielle Michelakos, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Mariellen Cain, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Sarah Socci, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Mary Ann Donaldson, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Cheryl Auletta, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Kimberly Fan, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Julie Patterson, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Erin O’Connor, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Sara Chewens, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Elena Prince, RN, NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, N.Y.
- Kristol Veach, RNC-NIC, Hospitals of Providence Children’s Hospital, El Paso, Texas
- Rebecca Gentry, RNC-NIC, Hospitals of Providence East Campus, El Paso, Texas
- Nadine Sills, RN, Children’s Medical Center at Summerlin Hospital, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Michelle Racioppi, Staff NICU Nurse, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
- Alison Bailey, RN, Sanford Children’s Hospital, Sioux Falls, S.D.
“This day generates so much excitement among our neonatal hospital partners, and we are honored to salute these neonatal nurses who demonstrate such compassion and care during the harrowing first moments of a child’s life,” said Josh Franklin, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Development, Chiesi. “Their tireless, life-changing efforts do not go unnoticed and deserve to be recognized today and every day.”
Established in 2000 by the National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN), Neonatal Nurses Day continues its 2017 theme of “We Save Babies,” a phrase that began as a WiFi password at NANN’s 32nd Annual Conference and continues to resonate with nurses. NANN encourages nurses to celebrate and share their neonatal pride on social media with the hashtag #NeonatalNursesDay.
About Chiesi USA
Chiesi USA, Inc., headquartered in Cary, N.C., is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercialization of products for the hospital, rare disease and target office-based specialties. Key elements of the company’s strategy are to focus its commercial and development efforts in the hospital and adjacent specialty product sector within the U.S. pharmaceutical marketplace; continue to seek opportunities to acquire companies, marketed or registration-stage products and late-stage development products that fit within the Company's focus areas. Chiesi USA, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. For more information, visit www.chiesiusa.com.
About Chiesi in the Community
Chiesi in the Community is Chiesi USA’s employee-led corporate social responsibility program. The mission of the program is to improve the health and well-being of the communities where we live and serve. The program is comprised of four main pillars: Stakeholder Engagement, Local Sociocultural Enhancement, Therapeutic Areas and Keystone Initiative. Chiesi works with many nonprofits in the Triangle area focused on underserved youth. In addition to local nonprofit support, the company’s Keystone Initiative is focused on local elementary schools; working with staff, parents and local partners to implement sustainable programs designed to make positive change in the overall student learning experience. On a national scale, Chiesi continues to support the efforts of groups within the therapeutic areas they serve, such as the March of Dimes, American Heart Association and cystic fibrosis nonprofits.