You are here
BioSyent Releases Results for Third Quarter and First Nine Months of 2018
TORONTO, Nov. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BioSyent Inc. (“BioSyent”, TSX Venture: RX) released today a summary of its financial results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2018. Key highlights include:
- Third quarter (Q3) 2018 Net Revenues of $5,259,493 decreased by 3% versus Q3 2017
- First nine months (YTD) 2018 Net Revenues of $15,616,063 increased by 5% versus YTD 2017
- Q3 2018 Canadian Pharmaceutical Net Revenues of $4,709,409 increased by 11% versus Q3 2017 and International Pharmaceutical Net Revenues of $281,801 decreased by 51% versus Q3 2017
- YTD 2018 Canadian Pharmaceutical Net Revenues of $13,506,185 increased by 13% versus YTD 2017 and International Pharmaceutical Net Revenues of $1,359,125 decreased by 15% versus YTD 2017
- Q3 2018 EBITDA1 of $1,729,585 decreased by 1% versus Q3 2017
- YTD 2018 EBITDA1 of $5,295,990 increased by 7% versus YTD 2017
- Q3 2018 Net Income After Tax (NIAT) of $1,270,613 decreased by 2% versus Q3 2017
- YTD 2018 NIAT of $4,033,976 increased by 8% versus YTD 2017
- Q3 2018 NIAT percentage to Net Revenues of 24% compares to 24% in Q3 2017
- YTD 2018 NIAT percentage to Net Revenues of 26% compares to 25% in YTD 2017
- Q3 2018 Fully Diluted EPS of $0.09 compares to $0.09 Fully Diluted EPS for Q3 2017
- YTD 2018 Fully Diluted EPS of $0.28 was $0.02 higher than YTD 2017 Fully Diluted EPS of $0.26
- Fully Diluted EPS for the Trailing Twelve Months ended September 30, 2018 was $0.38 as compared to $0.34 for the Trailing Twelve Months ended September 30, 2017
- As at September 30, 2018, the Company had cash, cash equivalents, and short term investments totalling $22,604,792 as compared to $19,338,435 as at December 31, 2017 – a 17% increase
- Total Shareholders’ Equity increased by 20% from $22,212,927 at December 31, 2017 to $26,554,310 at September 30, 2018
- Return on Equity for the Trailing Twelve Months ended September 30, 2018 was 24%
“Q3 2018 marked BioSyent’s 33rd consecutive profitable quarter,” noted René Goehrum, President and CEO of BioSyent. “Our Canadian pharmaceutical business delivered 11% growth during the quarter, with growth generated from across our product portfolio. Our International pharmaceutical business faced some challenges due to trade restrictions in a particular export market which resulted in reductions in the number and size of planned international FeraMAX® shipments during the quarter. While we don’t expect these challenges to persist over the long-term, we anticipate further instability in international FeraMAX® sales in the near-term. Growth in our Legacy Business during the quarter also declined when compared with a particularly strong Q3 2017. Although there was an overall decline of 3% in total Company sales for the third quarter of 2018 versus Q3 2017, we are nevertheless encouraged by continued growth in our core pharmaceutical business in Canada.
The CEO’s presentation on the Q3 2018 Results is available at the following link: www.biosyent.com/q3-18/.
The Company’s Interim Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements and Management's Discussion and Analysis for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2018 and 2017 will be posted on www.sedar.com on November 21, 2018.
The Interim Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements are available at: http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/dcd37611-f54b-442c-8c27-4bf8d6af7b5c
The Management's Discussion and Analysis is available at: http://resource.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/8a806b81-b2ec-44af-82c2-521c397b27d4
For a direct market quote for the TSX Venture Exchange and other Company financial information, please visit www.tmxmoney.com.
About BioSyent Inc.
Listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol “RX”, BioSyent is a profitable growth-oriented specialty pharmaceutical company focused on in-licensing or acquiring innovative pharmaceutical and other healthcare products that have been successfully developed, are safe and effective, and have a proven track record of improving the lives of patients. BioSyent supports the healthcare professionals that treat these patients by marketing its products through its community, hospital and international business units.
As of the date of this press release, the Company has 14,521,154 common shares issued and outstanding.
|Interim Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income|
In Canadian Dollars
|Q3 2018||Q3 2017||% Change||YTD 2018||YTD 2017||% Change|
|Cost Of Goods Sold||1,155,171||1,210,062||-5%||3,542,971||3,397,110||4%|
|Operating Expenses and Finance Income||2,337,926||2,478,475||-6%||6,694,457||6,563,440||2%|
|Net Income Before Tax||1,766,396||1,715,063||3%||5,378,635||4,900,717||10%|
|Tax (including Deferred Tax)||495,783||420,488||18%||1,344,659||1,151,668||17%|
|Net Income After Tax||1,270,613||1,294,575||-2%||4,033,976||3,749,049||8%|
|Net Income After Tax % to Net Revenues||24%||24%||26%||25%|
|EBITDA % to Net Revenues||33%||32%||34%||33%|
- EBITDA – is a Non-IFRS Financial Measure. The term EBITDA does not have any standardized meaning under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and therefore may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other companies. The Company defines EBITDA as earnings before interest income or expense, income taxes, depreciation and amortization.
|Interim Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Financial Position|
|AS AT||September 30, 2018||December 31, 2017||%|
|Trade and other receivables||$||2,297,192||$||2,236,695||3||%|
|Prepaid expenses and deposits||470,760||147,326||220||%|
|Income tax recoverable||-||71,924||-100||%|
|Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments||22,604,792||19,338,435||17||%|
|Deferred tax asset||42,518||46,647||-9||%|
|TOTAL NON CURRENT ASSETS||2,621,971||2,401,643||9||%|
|LIABILITIES AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY|
|Deferred tax liability||356,556||276,327||29||%|
|Long term debt||-||-||0||%|
|TOTAL LIABILITIES AND SHAREHOLDERS' EQUITY||$||29,372,609||$||25,104,848||17||%|
For further information please contact:
Mr. René C. Goehrum
President and CEO
Tel: (905) 206-0013
This press release may contain information or statements that are forward-looking. The contents herein represent our judgment, as at the release date, and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results or outcomes to be materially different from the forward-looking information or statements. Potential risks may include, but are not limited to, those associated with clinical trials, product development, future revenue, operations, profitability and obtaining regulatory approvals.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.