You are here
Auto-injectors Market Size Worth $3.18 Billion by 2026 | CAGR: 19.5%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global auto-injectors market size is expected to reach USD 3.18 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.5%. Rising incidence of anaphylactic shock and other diseases such as diabetes, rheumatoid, & multiple sclerosis along with increasing approvals of auto-injectors are impelling growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Disposable auto-injectors emerged as the largest segment owing to convenience and ease of use
- Homecare settings accounted for largest share in end-use segment owing to increasing demand of products for daily administration of insulin
- North America dominated the auto-injectors market with largest share in 2018. Increasing demand for new technologies along with advanced healthcare infrastructure is expected to boost market growth during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period owing to increasing number of diabetic patients
- Some of the key players are Eli Lilly; Scandinavian Health Ltd.; AbbVie, Inc.; Amgen; Owen Mumford; Ypsomed; Teva Pharmaceutical; Biogen Idec; Mylan N.V.; Pfizer, Inc.; and Sanofi
Read 100 page research report with TOC on "Auto-Injectors Market Size, Share, & Trends Analysis By Product Type (Disposable, Reusable), By Disease Indication (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis), By End Use (Homecare Settings, Hospitals & Clinics), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/auto-injectors-market
Increasing prevalence of life-threatening allergies and rising demand for these devices are expected to aid growth. As per the Food Allergy Research & Education, around 200, 000 people every year need emergency medical care for allergic food reactions.
In addition, increasing approvals are anticipated to drive growth. For instance, in August 2018, U.S. FDA approved the first generic epinephrine auto-injector of Teva Pharmaceuticals to treat emergency allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. Generic versions of EpiPen Jr & EpiPen of 0.15 mg & 0.3 mg, respectively, are indicated for pediatric and adult patients weighing more than 33 pounds.
Moreover, manufacturers are also developing new products and innovative technologies, which is expected to propel market growth. For instance, in June 2018, AbbVie GK launched Humira, which is a fully human antitumor necrosis factor alpha monoclonal antibody formulation with lock function & injection start & end alerts as well as an inspection window and injects completely in 10 seconds. Demand for these devices is increasing as they are designed in accordance with patient acceptance and compliance. Technological advancements are anticipated to make them more convenient and user-friendly. This is encouraging patients to adopt this technology for chronic illnesses.
Grand View Research has segmented the global auto-injectors market based on product type, disease indication, end use, and region:
- Auto-injectors Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Disposable Auto-Injectors
- Reusable Auto-Injectors
- Prefilled Auto-Injectors
- Empty Auto-Injectors
- Auto-injectors Disease Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Therapies
- Auto-injectors End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Homecare Settings
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Auto-injectors Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Hematology Analyzers Market – The global hematology analyzers market is anticipated to grow at a considerable pace over the forecast period owing to the innovations in various areas such as genetic therapies, pharmacogenomics, bleeding disorders, hemoglobinopathies, stem cell research, and proteomics.
- Bariatric Patient Room Market – There is a major rise in the amount of bariatric admissions to healthcare facilities in the United States. This rise has headed to an inspiring time for healthcare suppliers and services that are strongly demanding to attend to bariatric patients, which could be operative, honorable, and harmless for equally the patient and the care provider.
- Bioactive Coating Devices Market – Bioactive coatings on metallic implants facilitate joining between the prosthesis and the osseous tissue, and increase the long-term stability and integrity of the implant.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter