You are here
Athletico Physical Therapy Opens in Sylvania
SYLVANIA, Ohio, Dec. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Athletico Physical Therapy has opened a new location in Sylvania on Monday, November 25th and is conveniently located in the Promenade Shoppes, Across from Vin Dever Autohaus next to Koto Buki and 5th Street Pub. Athletico is looking forward to continuing its quality of care throughout the state of Ohio.
"Having grown up in Sylvania, I'm excited to return to my hometown to open an Athletico clinic and offer the best patient experience to Sylvania residents. Our aim is to become the physical therapy provider of choice within this vibrant community by helping patients regain full function in the midst of pain or injury," said Kevin Ruddy, PT and Clinic Manager of Athletico Sylvania. "We are passionate about empowering patients and developing a personalized care plan that is tailored to what they need to get back to doing the things they love."
To learn more, or to schedule a free assessment, visit www.athletico.com/Sylvania
Services available at Athletico Sylvania include:
- Physical therapy – Our physical therapists treat you to reduce pain, improve or restore mobility, and to help you remain at your optimal health without further risk of injury. We also offer joint replacement therapy, headache treatment, concussion therapy and more.
- Free assessments – If you have a strain, sprain or nagging pain, you can see one of our experts for a free, 30-minute assessment. We evaluate your injury and recommend treatment. If needed, we can begin treatment immediately, no referral necessary. Please note, restrictions apply.
- Work injuries – We are committed to helping everyone practice safety at work. Our workers' compensation specialists are trained to assess workplace environments and worker behaviors to provide customized intervention techniques and programs. In addition to treating injuries that occur on the job, our services include work conditioning, ergonomics, post-offer/pre-employment testing and more.
- Occupational/hand therapy – Our occupational and hand therapists can help improve your mobility and range of motion. These clinicians are at the top of their field, averaging more than 18 years of experience and holding the highest level of training in the profession for treating the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Headache rehabilitation – Our headache specialists provide treatment for headaches that fall into the cervicogenic and migraine categories. Physical therapy can decrease and/or resolve the intensity and frequency of headache symptoms, as well as improve your function, mobility and quality of life.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) – For individuals with jaw pain, difficulty chewing, or clicking/grating sounds in the jaw, our TMD specialists can provide treatment, including manual therapy, anti-inflammatory modalities, posture correction, and therapeutic exercises to strengthen and increase the motion of the affected area.
- Functional Movement Screens™ – This screen identifies functional limitations in athletes so that our experts can design exercises to address the issue. This can help you improve athletic performance and minimize the risk of future injury.
- Manual therapy – Also known as hands-on physical therapy, our experts use only their hands while performing skilled, specific hands-on techniques to apply pressure to the soft tissues of the body. This treatment can help relax muscles, increase circulation and reduce tissue inflammation.
- ACL 3P Program – Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears sideline more than 200,000 athletes each year. Our ACL 3P clinicians are committed to helping you minimize the risk of these injuries, as well as helping athletes who have sustained ACL injuries progress through rehabilitation to perform at their highest level.
- Dry needling – If you are experiencing pain, you may benefit from dry needling. This technique involves placing ultra-thin needles into painful areas of the body to stimulate the pain-causing trigger points in the muscle and connective tissues.
Additionally, Athletico Sylvania:
- Accepts all major insurance plans so you don't need to worry about your visits not being covered.
- Offers convenient hours, including early mornings and late evenings.
- No referral or prescription needed to start treatment.
- Schedules each initial evaluation quickly, sometimes the same or next day, but always within 24-48 hours.
- Provides ongoing patient education on diagnosis, treatment plans and prescribed home-exercise programs.
- Practices clear, consistent communication between therapist, physician and patient regarding progress.
Athletico Physical Therapy provides the highest quality orthopedic rehabilitation services to communities, employers and athletes in over 500 locations throughout twelve states with more than 5,000 employees. Athletico is committed to our patients and referring physicians through our patient-centric focus, positive work environment, attention to quality and high standard of care. Athletico measures patient outcomes and satisfaction and is dedicated to continuous improvement. Athletico was named #1 Workplace in Chicago, "Best Physical Therapy Practice in the Nation" by ADVANCE magazine, Top Workplace in the Nation and has been recognized as a leader in employee volunteering and charitable giving. Our services include physical and occupational/hand therapy, workers' compensation, women's health therapy, concussion management and athletic training. For more information, or to schedule a free assessment in-clinic or now online with our virtual free assessments, visit www.athletico.com and follow us on Twitter at @athletico.
CONTACT: Eric White | Weber Shandwick
312.988-2237 | email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/athletico-physical-therapy-opens-in-sylvania-300967394.html
SOURCE Athletico Physical Therapy