You are here
Artemisinin Combination Therapy Market Worth $697.9 Million by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global artemisinin combination therapy (ACT) market size is expected to reach USD 697.9 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. Rising adoption rate of ACTs coupled with growing government initiatives to combat malaria epidemic is anticipated to stoke the growth of the market. Furthermore, expanding pipeline and new product approvals are driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- AL was the largest segment in 2017 due to the fact that it was the first ACT to be marketed and prequalified by WHO for its efficacy, safety, and quality. It is available in more than 60 countries and is the only ACT approved by U.S. FDA
- MEA held the largest share in the market for ACTs due to growing initiatives by government and non-government organizations to raise awareness
- Asia Pacific also held a prominent position in the market owing to factors such as large production base of artemisinin herbs coupled with rising access to ACT in this region
- Major players operating in the market are Novartis, Sanofi, Cipla, Ajanta Pharma, Ipca Laboratories, Guilin Pharmaceuticals, and KPC Pharmaceuticals
- Key players are adopting different strategies to increase their market share such as increasing geographic presence, R & D, new product development, and indication extension.
Read 90 page research report with TOC on "Artemisinin Combination Therapy Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Artemether+Lumefantrine, Artesunate+Amodiaquine), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artemisinin-combination-therapy-act-market
Currently, 6 ACTs are recommended by WHO for the treatment of uncomplicated malaria, which are Artemether-Lumefantrine (AL), artesunate-amodiaquine, Artesunate-Mefloquine (AS-AQ), Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine (DHA-PPQ), Artesunate-Sulfadoxine-Pyrimethamine (AS-SP), and Pyronaridine-Artesunate (PR-AS). Some of the benefits provided by ACTs are high efficacy and reduced likelihood of developing resistance. Over the years, access to artemisinin combination therapy has expanded considerably. In 2016, ACTs were used as first-line treatment in almost 80 countries.
Increasing R & D initiatives by pharma-emerging countries such as India and China are revving up the adoption rate of ACTs. Rising demand from malaria endemic countries such as Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Congo is poised to augment the market. Pipeline for new antimalarial drugs is widening and some of them have been introduced recently. These are some of the factors that are propelling the ACT market.
WHO states the necessity for treating uncomplicated malaria, the most serious form of the disease, with ACTs as they are the best treatment available. ACTs are recommended over other treatments including Sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine, chloroquine, and artemisinin monotherapies, because parasites have developed resistance to these medicines.
Malaria is one of the most distressing diseases across the globe with more than 200 million new cases reported each year. According to Medicines Malaria Venture (MMV), a total of 445,000 deaths were caused by malaria worldwide in 2016. Malaria epidemic is continuing to increase globally and climate change is projected to fuel the trend.
Grand View Research has segmented the global artemisinin combination therapy market on the basis of type and region:
- Artemisinin Combination Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Artemisinin Combination Therapy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Democratic Republic of Congo
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Neglected Tropical Diseases Drugs and Vaccines Market – Neglected tropical diseases drugs and vaccines market comprise diseases that affect largely developing countries but due to increased international migration, these diseases are now a concern in developed nations.
- Skeletal Dysplasia Market – The report provides segmentation of the market by disorder type into the following: X-linked Hypophosphatemia (XLH), hypophosphatasia, achondroplasia, multiple osteochondromas, and fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (FOP).
- Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutics Market – The major factor contributing to the growth of the hereditary angioedema therapeutics market is the considerable patient population observed across the globe.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter