You are here
Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market Size Worth $27.99 Billion by 2026: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, April 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global antiseptics and disinfectants market size is expected to reach USD 27.99 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of Hospital-acquired Infections (HAIs), awareness about home cleanliness and the need for disinfection, and usage of endoscope reprocesses and surgical units across the globe are the key driving factors.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, quaternary ammonium compounds segment is expected to hold the largest market share over the forecast period. High prevalence of HAIs is the major factor driving the growth
- Enzymatic cleaners are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Increasing rate of surgeries is expected to drive the segment growth as the product is majorly used for disinfection of surgical kits
- Asia-Pacific antiseptics and disinfectants market is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing number of hospitals and clinics
- Prominent market players are BD, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, and Cardinal Health.
Read 79 page research report with TOC on "Antiseptics and Disinfectants Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Quaternary Ammonium, Chlorine), Product Type (Medical Device Disinfectants), By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antiseptics-and-disinfectants-market
Rising use of Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopes and surgical units due to the increasing rate of surgeries across the globe is expected to drive the antiseptics and disinfectants market growth over the forecast period. GI endoscopy is one of the important tools for the treatment and identification of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Proper understandings of application to GI endoscopy and infection control is very much essential as it helps to prevent transmission of infection through endoscopes and lapses in reprocessing.
Moreover, endoscopes need to be reprocessed appropriately as per the infection-control guidelines to lower the risk of acquiring environmental or patient-borne microorganisms. Thus, in such cases application of proper antiseptics and disinfectant solutions are very much essential to prevent transmission of infections. In addition, increasing rate of endoscopy is expected to surge the risk of getting such infections.
For instance, as per the BMJ Publishing Group Ltd & British Society of Gastroenterology, published in 2018, the demand for gastrointestinal endoscopy has grown immensely for both and bowel cancer screening and symptomatic patients owing to which overall demand has doubled in many centers in U.K. over the last five years. Such factors are anticipated to drive the growth of antiseptics & disinfectants market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global antiseptics and disinfectants market on the basis of type, product type, end use, and region:
- Antiseptics and Disinfectants Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Chlorine Compounds
- Alcohols & Aldehyde Products
- Antiseptics and Disinfectants Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Enzymatic Cleaners
- Medical Device Disinfectants
- Surface Disinfectants
- Antiseptics and Disinfectants End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Antiseptics and Disinfectants Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- North America
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Clinical Diagnostics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Point of Care Diagnostics/Testing Market – Global point of care diagnostics/testing market was valued at USD 18.09 billion in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 3.3% over the forecast period
- Histology and Cytology Market – Global histology and cytology market size was valued at USD 11.0 billion in 2018 and is estimated to expand at a CAGR of around 13.7% over the forecast period
- In Vitro Diagnostics Quality Control Market – Global In Vitro Diagnostics quality control market size was valued at USD 905 million in 2018 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter