You are here
$69.2 Bn In-Vitro Diagnostic Tests Markets, 2024
DUBLIN, Sept. 25, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests: 12th Edition" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for IVD currently stands at $69.2 billion dollars
The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests, is the most essential report on the IVD industry.
- What is the Size of the 2019 IVD Market?
- How fast will the market grow?
- What companies stand to gain?
It is poised for growth over the next five years, improved growth from the last edition of the report. There are hundreds of companies competing in the market in some form and scores of large multi-test players.
This 2,000-page report provides in vitro diagnostics market size estimates and projections:
- 2000-Page Report Based on Vendor Reporting, Interviews, Vendor Activities
- Authored by Veteran IVD Analysts with Industry Knowledge
- 12 Detailed Market Chapters with 2019 Market Estimate
- Relevant Segmentation for Test Business Planners, Investors, New Entrants, and Other Market Watchers
- Where is IVD Heading? - Market Segment Projections to 2024
- What's Behind the Growth and Declines? - Market Numbers and Analysis
- Regional Breakouts Including Country IVD Markets
- Sections on China, Europe, Japan, and The United States IVD Markets
- Macro Analysis of Major Trends
- Superior Company Profiles of Top Tier Companies and Hundreds of Smaller Concerns
- Used by Major IVD Firms for Business Planning
- Coverage of Trends and Market Estimates for Essential IVD Segments: Clinical Chemistry, Point-of-Care, Molecular, Infectious Disease, Histology and More.
In vitro, diagnostic testing costs little to the healthcare system and contributes much to clinical practice. For some time this has been stated as educated conjecture; a recent study of U.S and German physicians offer proof. The study found that 66% of clinical decisions made were based on a diagnostic test, while the costs of those tests were just 2.3% of healthcare expenditure (Rohr U., Binder C, PLoS One. 2016).
When the cost-effectiveness of in vitro diagnostic testing is then considered along with beneficial effects on treatment outcomes, therapy choices, and hospital management, there should be little surprise about the amount of interest in IVDs and the amount of activity in the market for them.
The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests estimates the current in vitro diagnostics market size and forecasted market size to 2024 for defined segments of the IVD market and various sub-segments, including:
- Molecular Assays: Infectious Disease [HIV, Hepatitis, Respiratory, Others] Blood Screening, Inherited Diseases, Oncology, PGx, Tissue Typing, Prenatal
- Clinical Chemistry and Core Lab Markets: General Chemistries, Blood Gases, Urinalysis, Immunos run on Workstations
- Point-of-Care Testing (POC): Professional and Self-Testing, Fertility, Colon Cancer, HbA1c POC, Influenza, HIV, STD, Hepatitis, Malaria, c.difficile, E.Coli, H.pylori, Home Test/OT
- Glucose Testing: Meters, Professional Testing, Continuous Glucose
- Substance Abuse Testing (Employment Screening, Criminal Justice, Critical Care - Traditional POC)
- Microbiology and Virology by Test Type (Immunoassays, ID/AST, Infectious Diseases - DNA; ID/AST: Panels and Reagents, automated; Panels and Reagents, manual; Blood Culture; Chromogenic Media; Rapid Micro; Supplies)
- Blood Banking (Typing, Immunoassay Screen, NAT Blood Testing)
- Histology and Cytology: Pap Tests, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, traditional non-Pap stains, HPV
- Immunoassay Testing: Infectious Disease, Cardiac Markers, Tumor Markers, Autoimmune, Diabetes/HbA1c, Allergy, Thyroid, Proteins, Anemia, Fertility, Therapeutic Drugs, Drugs of Abuse, Vitamin D, Total; w/o HbA1c
- Cardiac Markers, Tumor Markers, Diabetes/hbA1c, Autoimmune, Allergy, Thyroid, Proteins, Anemia, Fertility, Therapeutic Drugs
- Coagulation Tests
- Direct-to-Consumer Testing
For each of the listed in vitro diagnostics market segments, 2019 in vitro diagnostics market size, 2024 projection, and compound annual growth rate is provided, as well as significant in vitro diagnostic companies in the market and IVD manufacturers' product innovations. The market data is put into a context with real-world industry and medical practice trends.
The IVD Market Opportunity by Country
The in-vitro diagnostics market is a global one, and The Worldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Tests, 12th Edition reflects the international scope of the in vitro diagnostics market size. In the healthcare market, IVD companies sell globally and think globally. Trends in one part of the world affect IVD manufacturers' product decisions and company financial performance in others. Thus, this is a global report, and the following regional and country overall IVD markets are included.
Who's In The Market? Who's Winning?
The report concentrates over a thousand pages on detailed and tiered profiles of companies in the in vitro diagnostics market. The experience that the publisher has in the in vitro diagnostics market is evident in its tiering and segmentation of companies.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- The Global Picture for In Vitro Diagnostic Markets
- Company and Industry Trends
- Point-of-Care Tests
- The Core Lab
- Molecular Assays
- Microbiology and Virology
- Blood Banking Services
- Histology and Cytology
- Company Profiles: The Top Tier
- Company Profiles: The Second Tier
- Company Profiles: Blood Bank Specialists
- Company Profiles: Coagulation Specialists
- Company Profiles: Core Lab and Other Companies
- Company Profiles: CTC & Liquid Biopsy Test Providers
- Diabetes Specialists
- Company Profiles: Hematology (Cell Analysis) Specialists
- Company Profiles: Histopathology Specialists
- Company Profiles: Immunoassay Specialists
- Information Technology Specialists in In Vitro Diagnostics
- Company Profiles: Microbiology Specialists
- Company Profiles: Molecular Test Specialists
- Company Profiles: Point of Care Test Specialists
- Company Profiles: Prenatal Test Service Providers
- Company Profiles: Quality Control & Sample Pretreatment Specialists
- Test Service Providers
- A. Menarini Diagnostics
- AB SCIEX Pte Ltd
- Abaxis, Inc.
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Abingdon Health Ltd.
- Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc.
- Advanced Biological Laboratories, S.A. (ABL)
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics (ACD)
- Agilent Technologies
- Altona Diagnostics
- Amoy Diagnostics Co. Ltd.
- Applied Spectral Imaging Inc. (ASI)
- ArcDia International Oy Ltd.
- Asuragen Inc.
- Atlas Genetics Ltd. (Binx Health)
- AutoGenomics Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc. / Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- BGI Genomics (formerly Beijing Genome Institute)
- Biocept, Inc.
- BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. (acquired by bioMrieux)
- BioGenex Laboratories, Inc.
- Biohit Oyj (Biohit Healthcare)
- Biomeme, Inc.
- Biomerica Inc.
- bioMrieux Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Bio-Techne Corporation
- BioView Ltd.
- Bruker BioSciences Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- CellaVision AB
- Cerner Corp.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.
- Circulomics Inc.
- COPAN ITALIA S.p.A. and COPAN Diagnostics, Inc.
- Corgenix Medical Corporation
- Critical Diagnostics
- Cynvenio Biosystems (LungLife AI)
- Dako A/S
- Danaher Corporation
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Desktop Genetics Ltd.
- Dexcom Inc.
- Diagnostica Stago, S.A.S.
- DiaSorin S.p.A
- DNA Electronics Ltd (DNAe)
- Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd
- EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc
- ELITech Group S.A.S.
- Enzo Biochem Inc.
- Epigenomics AG
- ERBA Diagnostics, Inc.
- Eurobio Scientific
- EUROIMMUN AG
- Exosome Diagnostics, Inc.
- FABPulous B.V.
- Fast Track Diagnostics (acquired by Siemens Healthineers)
- Fio Corporation
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Focus Diagnostics, Inc.
- Foundation Medicine, Inc.
- Fujirebio Diagnostics, Inc.
- Genedrive plc (formerly Epistem Holdings)
- Genetic Analysis AS
- GenMark Diagnostics, Inc
- Genome Diagnostics BV (GenDx)
- Genomic Health (Exact Sciences)
- Gentag Inc.
- Greiner Bio-One International GmbH
- Grifols S.A.
- Guardant Health, Inc.
- Hain Lifescience GmbH
- HOB Biotech
- Hologic, Inc.
- Horiba Medical
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics
- Immunodiagnostic Systems (IDS)
- INOVA Diagnostics, Inc.
- Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) / Werfen
- Kapa Biosystems Inc.
- LabCorp, Laboratory Corporation of America
- Leica Biosystems
- Leica Biosystems
- LifeScan Inc.
- Luminex Corporation
- Mast Group
- Medica Corporation
- MedTest DX
- Medtronic plc
- Menarini-Silicon Biosystems
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- Microsaic Systems plc
- MilliporeSigma (formerly EMD Millipore)
- Mindray - Shenzhen Mindray Bio-medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Mobidiag Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Nanosphere, Inc. (Luminex)
- NanoString Technologies, Inc.
- Nemaura Medical Inc.
- Nova Biomedical
- Nova Biomedical Corporation (Nova)
- Onca Xt Ltd
- OpGen, Inc.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho)
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (PacBio)
- PerkinElmer, Inc. (PE)
- Philips (Royal Philips)
- PositiveID Corporation
- PTS Diagnostics
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Q-linea AB
- QuanDx Inc
- QuantuMDx Group, Ltd.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Quidel Corporation
- Radiometer A/S / Danaher
- RainDance Technologies, Inc.
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- Rheonix, Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Rubicon Genomics, Inc.
- Samsung Healthcare
- Scienion AG
- Seegene, Inc.
- Sekisui Diagnostics LLC
- Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
- Siemens Healthineers (Siemens)
- Snibe Co. Ltd., (Shenzhen New Industries Biomedical Engineering Co. Ltd.)
- Sysmex Corporation
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Tecan Group
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tosoh Bioscience
- Trinity Biotech Plc
- Trovagene, Inc.
- Vela Diagnostics
- Ventana Medical Systems Inc. / Roche Tissue Diagnostics
- Veredus Laboratories Pte Ltd
- WaferGen Bio-systems, Inc.
- West Medica
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4l5wxy
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets