You are here
2019 Overview of E3 Ligases: Arvinas and Other "Rock Stars" Of UPS Drug Development Sector
DUBLIN, Nov. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Nothing Degrading about Saving Lives: E3 Ligands Recruiting New Drugs" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Posttranslational modifications hit prime time in the pharma industry. There probably isn't a medium-sized biopharmaceutical that does not have an active program ongoing, and certainly, all of the big pharma companies are running multiple programs, and collaborations, for what we might have previously termed undruggable targets. Many of these are for highly unmet needs in neurodegeneration.
The properties of the structure that forms between a target, a degrader and an E3 ligase, are under intense investigation. Minor changes affect how the drugs work - this can explain how promiscuous target-binding payloads can achieve super selectivity when transformed into a degrader. These minor alterations can also render the molecule complex not only ineffective but sometimes toxic.
However, clinical results are beginning to write a compellingly effective story - the long and winding history of research into the ubiquitin-proteasome may well have more blockbusters in store for us. And cures in a once overlooked corner of the cell machinery architecture.
The Report Includes:
- An overview of E3 ligases, which have been long regarded as undruggable targets. Despite these failures both scientifically and financially, humiliations did not fully disrupt intense research efforts which persisted, due to the enormous potential upside
- Discussion of underexploited strategies, traditional approaches that can be optimized, and novel techniques beginning to emerge and pay dividends
- Information on the results propelling this field toward better clinical outcomes and insight into the Targeted Protein Degradation (TPD) which is renewing optimism in what was at one stage a field drowning in garbage proteins. Activity in the clinic is now being closely watched by the industry
Key Topics Covered
- Significance of Ubiquitin Proteasome System Discovery
- Drug Discovery Approaches to Target E3 Ligases
- Modulation of Protein-Protein Interactions
- Allosteric Molecules
- Screening Platforms
- Targeted Protein Degradation and PROTACs - The Most Popular Trend of UPS Drug Discovery
- Arvinas and Other "Rock Stars" Of UPS Drug Development Sector
- Big Pharma Collaborations on TPD Platform
- Importance Of TPD/Protacs Technology in Markets with Unmet Needs
- Analyst's Credential
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8uukhn
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets