You are here
ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer
This year’s 19th annual European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer gathered more than 3,600 medical and scientific professionals in Barcelona, Spain, from June 23 to 28. The meeting brought particular attention to the influence of primary tumor sidedness in colorectal cancer as it affects prognosis and treatment outcomes to meet the growing interest in this theory.
- Brulé SY, Jonker DJ, Karapetis CS, et al. Location of colon cancer (right-sided versus left-sided) as a prognostic factor and a predictor of benefit from cetuximab in NCIC CO.17. Eur J Cancer 2015;51;(11):1405–1414.
- Loupakis F, Yang D, Yau L, et al. Primary tumor location as a prognostic factor in metastatic colorectal cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2015;107;(3): pii: dju427
- Heinemann V, Modest DP, von Weikersthal LF, et al. Gender and tumor location as predictors for efficacy: influence on endpoints in first-line treatment with FOLFIRI in combination with cetuximab or bevacizumab in the AIO KRK 0306 (FIRE3) trial. J Clin Oncol 2014;32:5s (suppl absr, 3600)
- Tejpar S, Stintzing S, Ciardiello F, et al. Prognostic and predictive relevance of primary tumor location in patients with RAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer: retrospective analyses of the CRYSTAL and FIRE-3 trials. JAMA Oncol 2017;3;(2):194–201.
- European Society for Medical Oncology. ESMO 2014: Results from the CALGB/SWOG 80405 and FIRE-3 (AIO KRK-0306) studies in all RAS wild type population September 29, 2014; Available at: www.esmo.org/Conferences/Past-Conferences/ESMO-2014-Congress/News-Articles/Results-From-the-CALGB-SWOG-80405-and-FIRE-3-AIO-KRK-0306-Studies-In-All-RAS-Wild-Type-Population. Accessed July 31, 2017
- Arnold D, Lueza B, Douillard JY, et al. Prognostic and predictive value of primary tumor side in patients with RAS wild-type metastatic colorectal cancer treated with chemotherapy and EGFR directed antibodies in six randomized trials. Ann Oncol 2017;Apr 12
10.1093/annonc/mdx175[Epub ahead of print]