You are here
Clinical Interventional Oncology Symposium And Integrative Healthcare Symposium
Clinical Interventional Oncology Symposium
This year’s ninth annual Clinical Interventional Oncology gathering attracted 400 multidisciplinary specialists to Hollywood, Florida, on February 4 and 5 and featured a two-day program on the latest interventional treatments. The reports below focus on a session devoted to “Liver-Directed Therapy and the Role of Y-90 [Yittrium-90].”
- Devcic Z, Rosenberg J, Braat AJ, et al. The efficacy of hepatic 90Y resin radioembolization for metastatic neuroendocrine tumors: a meta-analysis. J Nucl Med 2014;55;(9):1404–1410.
- Yang TX, Chua TC, Morris DL. Radioembolization and chemoembolization for unresectable neuroendocrine liver metastases: a systematic review. Surg Oncol 2012;21;(4):299–308.
- Fan KY, Wild AT, Halappa VG, et al. Neuroendocrine tumor liver metastases treated with yttrium-90 radioembolization. Contemp Clin Trials 2016;50:143–149.
- Chen JX, Rose S, White SB, et al. Embolotherapy for neuroendocrine tumor liver metastases: prognostic factors for hepatic progression-free survival and overall survival. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2017;40;(1):69–80.
- Cramer B, Xing M, Kim HS. Prospective longitudinal quality-of-life assessment in patients with neuroendocrine tumor liver metastases treated with 90Y radioembolization. Clin Nucl Med 2016;41;(12):e493–e497.
- Van Hazel G, Blackwell A, Anderson J, et al. Randomised phase 2 trial of SIR-Spheres plus fluorouracil/leucovorin chemotherapy versus fluorouracil/leucovorin chemotherapy alone in advanced colorectal cancer. J Surg Oncol 2004;88;(2):78–85.
- Van Hazel GA, Heinemann V, Sharma NK, et al. SIRFLOX: randomized phase III trial comparing first-line mFOLFOX6 (plus or minus bevacizumab) versus mFOLFOX6 (plus or minus bevacizumab) plus selective internal radiation therapy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Clin Oncol 2016;34;(15):1723–1731.
- Cosimelli M, Golfieri R, Cagol PP, et al. Multi-centre phase II clinical trial of yttrium-90 resin microspheres alone in unresectable, chemotherapy-refractory colorectal liver metastases. Br J Cancer 2010;103;(3):324–331.
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Yttrium Y 90 resin microspheres data collection in unresectable liver cancer: the RESIN study (RESiN). NCT02685631 February 6, 2017; Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02685631. Accessed February 28, 2017s
- ClinicalTrials.gov. Efficacy evaluation of TheraSphere following failed first-line chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer (EPOCH). NCT01483027 September 15, 2016; Available at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01483027. Accessed February 28, 2017
- Dutton SJ, Kenealy N, Love SB, et al. FOXFIRE protocol: an open-label, randomised, phase III trial of 5-fluorouracil, oxaliplatin, and folinic acid (OxMdG) with or without interventional selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) as first-line treatment for patients with unresectable liver-only or liver-dominant metastatic colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer 2014;14:497
- Beecher HK. Increased stress and effectiveness of placebos and “active” drugs. Science 1960;132;(3419):91–92.
- Porter J, Jick H. Addiction rare in patients treated with narcotics. N Engl J Med 1980;302;(2):123
- Portenoy RK, Foley KM. Chronic use of opioid analgesics in non-malignant pain: report of 38 cases. Pain 1986;25;(2):171–186.
- Sullivan MD, Ballantyne JC. What are we treating with long-term opioid therapy?. Arch Intern Med 2012;172;(5):433–434.
- Ballantyne JC, Sullivan MD. Intensity of chronic pain—the wrong metric?. N Engl J Med 2015;373;(22):2098–2099.
- Franklin GM. American Academy of Neurology. Opioids for chronic noncancer pain: a position paper of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology 2014;83;(14):1277–1284.
- Dowell D, Haegerich TM, Chou R. CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain—United States, 2016. MMWR Recomm Rep 2016;65;(RR-1):1–49.
- Sullivan MD, Edlund MJ, Zhang L, et al. Association between mental health disorders, problem drug use, and regular prescription opioid use. Arch Intern Med 2006;166;(19):2087–2093.
- Vowles KE, McEntee ML, Julnes PS, et al. Rates of opioid misuse, abuse, and addiction in chronic pain: a systematic review and data synthesis. Pain 2015;156;(4):569–576.
- Chou R, Turner JA, Devine EB, et al. The effectiveness and risks of long-term opioid therapy for chronic pain: a systematic review for a National Institutes of Health Pathways to Prevention Workshop. Ann Intern Med 2015;162;(4):276–286.
- Le Marec T, Marie-Claire C, Noble F, Marie N. Chronic and intermittent morphine treatment differently regulates opioid and dopamine systems: a role in locomotor sensitization. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2011;216;(2):297–303.
- Yu G, Zhang FQ, Tang SE, et al. Continuous infusion versus intermittent bolus dosing of morphine: a comparison of analgesia, tolerance, and subsequent voluntary morphine intake. J Psychiatr Res 2014;59:161–166.
- Anson P. Controversy grows over journal article on pain treatment. Pain News Network December 10, 2015; Available at: www.painnews-network.org/stories/2015/12/10/controversy-grows-over-journal-article-on-pain-treatment. Accessed March 1, 1017