You are here
NSS Labs to Develop its 2019 Next Generation Firewall Group Test
Company Invites Industry Engagement to Help Evolve Forthcoming NGFW Test and Methodology
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 28, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NSS Labs, Inc., a global leader and trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance, today announced that it is developing the next iteration of its Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) Group Test with results expected to be released in 2019. As part of today’s announcement, NSS Labs is also issuing a call for industry engagement from both enterprises and NGFW vendors to help shape and evolve its upcoming test and methodology.
The NGFW market is one of the largest and most mature markets in the cybersecurity industry. According to the NSS Labs 2017 Security Architecture Study, 80.5% of US enterprises deploy NGFWs.1 Industry analysts estimate that the NGFW market is estimated to grow from US$2.39 billion in 2017 to US$4.27 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.3%.2
Earlier this year, NSS Labs performed the industry’s most comprehensive group test of NGFW products. Products from 10 of the industry’s leading vendors were examined for security effectiveness, performance, and total cost of ownership (TCO). Six out of the ten products that participated in this group test demonstrated resistance to common evasion techniques. The remaining four products in the test missed at least one evasion technique. For more information about the test, click here.
For the 2018 NGFW Group Test, NSS Labs expanded testing to include secure sockets layer (SSL)/ transport layer security (TLS) performance tests. All 10 of the tested products were examined for SSL/TLS cipher functionality and performance.
“The NSS Labs NGFW group tests continue to produce surprising findings regarding the security effectiveness of leading products in the market,” said Jason Brvenik, Chief Technology Officer at NSS Labs. “In our most recent group test, we saw many newer entrants with strong capabilities challenging established players. We continue to evolve our test methodologies to keep pace with changing attack vectors and the needs of the enterprise. We encourage enterprises and vendors to collaborate with us as we continue to examine leading NGFW products in the market.”
As with all NSS Labs group tests, there is no fee for participation, and the test methodology is available in the public domain to provide transparency and to help enterprises understand the factors behind test results. Click here for more information about our group test policies.
Enterprises that wish to provide feedback regarding NSS Labs’ upcoming NGFW group test and its associated test methodology can send feedback to email@example.com. Vendors can send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase the NSS Labs 2018 NGFW Group Test Reports
- View the 2018 NGFW Group Test Methodology
- Purchase the NSS Labs SSL/TLS Performance Test Reports
- View the 2018 SSL/TLS Test Methodology
- Download our infographic titled “Next Generation Firewall: Holding Its Own After More Than a Decade”
- Read our blog titled "Wait, I thought my NGFW Detected That"
- Read our blog titled “Firewall Testing Through the Years”
- Read our blog titled “Don’t Stop at Catch Rate: Why Evasion Handling is Crucial”
- Read our blog titled “Next Generation Firewall – A look at Deployments in 2017”
- Learn more about NSS Labs’ Security Product Testing
- Learn more about NSS Labs’ Test Policies
- Learn more about NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation
- Follow NSS Labs on Twitter
- Follow NSS Labs on LinkedIn
- NSS Labs “Security Controls in the US Enterprise: Next Generation Firewalls,” August 2017
- Markets and Markets “Next Generation Market by Delivery Type, Service, Organization Size, Vertical, and Region – Global Forecast to 2022,” June 2017
About NSS Labs, Inc.
NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform empowers enterprises with objective, empirical data and allows them to gain continuous visibility, gather actionable insights, and rationalize investments in their cyber programs. The cloud platform lets enterprises know where they stand by continuously validating the effectiveness of their security products and assessing the impact of unmitigated risks to the enterprise stack. This gives business leaders the relevant information they need to substantiate their security investments. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted information from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
Phone: +1 512-498-7076